News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

wiw 69 Charger R/T super track pack 4 speed

Started by charge-it, May 06, 2009, 08:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charge-it

I know this will be difficult with no pics but here it goes. What is a 1969 Charger R/T super track pack car worth? The car is in need of a full resto but the sheetmetal is in decent shape. The original color is b5 blue, white vinyl top, white bucket seat interior with buddy seat. The car retains its original non console shifted 18 spline hemi trans, and the original 4:10 dana 60. The engine is a 67 383. No power steering and no power brakes. It is a stripe delete car having the big R/T emblems on the rear quarters. A friend has had this car in storage for many years and might be willing to sell it to me but said to make him an offer. I just don't know what a fair offer would be. Figure it's going to need a new interior, a full mechanical rebuild, and body and paint work. The car is very faded orange right now. If I were to get it that means finding a 69 440 for it...He has a good idea of what it is worth but won't throw a number at me. He also said we could pull it out of storage to look it over closely but really was not receptive to me taking any pictures of it at this point. :shruggy:
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Sublime/Sixpack

Restored to factory correct that would be a good looking car, and with a 440, four speed, with 4.10 gears fun to drive as well. Too bad he won't allow you to take some photos.
If its all that you say it is and theres no or very little rust, and the car is unmolested except for the orange paint, and missing matching numbers 440, and if you just gotta' have it, I'll take a shot in the dark and say offer him $8,500.00 dollars and see what he says.  :shruggy: 

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

nakita7

Asking what a 69 Charger is 'worth' is always good for a laugh because of what some people think they are worth. I agree with the $8500 price or less. Most people don't actually realize what a restoration costs (forget the hours put in!), but I do appreciate guys putting way too much money into these cars...I realize they are just doing their part to keep the economy going... :eyes:

If he's an actual 'friend', he will take that into consideration, not be greedy about it, and give you an honest deal. Of course, that rarely happens, but it can. If not, move on. There are other Chargers, they aren't that rare.

I simply have to look at it with a business mind. Why buy the car for $10(?)K, put another 30-50K into a resto when you can buy a done one for $32(?)K? Let someone else lose the time and the money...life's too short...

charge-it

Quote from: nakita7 on May 06, 2009, 11:10:01 PM
Asking what a 69 Charger is 'worth' is always good for a laugh because of what some people think they are worth. I agree with the $8500 price or less. Most people don't actually realize what a restoration costs (forget the hours put in!), but I do appreciate guys putting way too much money into these cars...I realize they are just doing their part to keep the economy going... :eyes:

If he's an actual 'friend', he will take that into consideration, not be greedy about it, and give you an honest deal. Of course, that rarely happens, but it can. If not, move on. There are other Chargers, they aren't that rare.

I simply have to look at it with a business mind. Why buy the car for $10(?)K, put another 30-50K into a resto when you can buy a done one for $32(?)K? Let someone else lose the time and the money...life's too short...
I know what the restoration costs would/could be as I'm just finishing up my 68 Charger. I also don't expect to get a deal from him just because we are good friends. I did think it would be a nice car finished but after giving it some srious thought and adding up all the time and costs involved has really made me hesitant to even make him an offer.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

hemi68charger

True, but if you don't have the cash in hand for a totally restored car, you can at least get one. As they say, "A bird in hand is worth more than 2 in the bush." The restoration can be done over time like I'm doing with my '68 Hemi... This is from a hobbyist's point of view. Some people like the challenge and process of the restoration. But like nakita7 states, life can creep up on you.. So, make sure it's a project you feel you can enjoy and won't become overwhelming.

This '69 has a very nice color combination. IF it's all there like you're stating and in need of a total resto, albeit the metal's nice, I would venture to say, without photos, $10K is a fair price. Like nakita7 and Sublime/Sixpack, go for the $8500 offer and see where it goes...

Good luck.
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TeeWJay426

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 07, 2009, 07:05:58 AM
This '69 has a very nice color combination. IF it's all there like you're stating and in need of a total resto, albeit the metal's nice, I would venture to say, without photos, $10K is a fair price. Like nakita7 and Sublime/Sixpack, go for the $8500 offer and see where it goes...

I'm with Troy on this one. Pics would help if you can get some.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

mjwebb

Why buy the car for $10(?)K, put another 30-50K into a resto when you can buy a done one for $32(?)K? Let someone else lose the time and the money...life's too short...

This is definately my philosophy and what I did. I totally understand the pride in ownership thing after undertaking a successful long term project, but for me I didn't want to spend the time and money to wait to enjoy my car. But I'm more into instant gratification and agree life is too short.