News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any Edsel owners on here? (past or present)

Started by Ghoste, April 15, 2009, 04:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

But especially if there are any on here that are old enough to have had one new.  I'd like to know what influenced your decision to buy one and how you liked it?

GreenMachine

Not me, but this seems like the perfect time to post these pics.  ;D
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Ghoste

And you know, I'll bet he's an original owner.  :lol:

C_stripes

Funny that you should ask that. I have a 58 Edsel Pacer in my parents back yard as we speak. We are thinking of rat rodding it.  :shruggy: it would be interesting.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Ghoste

No don't rat rod it, restore it.  They are too unusual already to rat rod, it'll stand out just being what it is.

C_stripes

It would be pretty sweet to rat rod to though. It's just a 4dr hard top. I will get some pics this weekend. One of my buddies own it and I am storing it for him. It hasn't been registered since 1965 and my friends Uncle was the orig owner. But he has since passed away. Its factory red and black with red and white interior. Cool car though.

WingCharger

Ghoste

Yeah, the styling was "controversial" given the other choices of the day (and being nice  :lol:) that's part of why I wonder what motivated people to buy them when they were new.

Aero426

My neighbor has a super clean '60 Edsel 2 dr hardtop.  Same roof line as the Ford Starliner.   It's a nice looking car.

Brock Samson

They just look weird in my opinion,.. I belive at the time they were introduced they were supposed to be a kind of early intermediate between a lincoln and a galaxy cause they didn't have small cars back then, just full size and luxury cars...
i snapped a few pics of one at the jimmys' picnic. it's a late model convert. and though it's conciderably less confused then the original - it still looks (to me) like a mess of a pancake trying to be a waffle...

dads_69

I had a '58 4 door a long time ago. It was a specail ed. I guess. It was pink/white w/gold emblems. I paid $400.00 for it not running. I sold it for $1,000.00 about a year afterwards.
I wish I'd kept it now, yea, some say ugly car, front end looks like it was hit w/a frying pan, but I dig old cars like that personally.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Hemidog

A friend of mine owns one, I think they look good, although people sure didn't back then....

C_stripes

As promised,

Now you can't tell me that that wouldn't make a kick ass rat rod?  It runs and would drive with new tires and the drive line put back in.

Ghoste

So what year and model was the one Cindy Williams drove in "American Grafitti"?