News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

500 horse 383 build

Started by generalme, January 09, 2009, 10:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

generalme

A few years ago there was an article...may have been mopar muscle magazine or something...that had a 383 build. They used a 800+cfm Demon carb, Mopar M1 intake, a cam upgrade and maybe something done to the valves...If I remember correctly...they made anywhere between 450 to 500 horses. I started this project years ago...I have the 383, I got the M1 intake...but unfortunately ran out of time and money....that was 5 years ago. Does anyone know of this article/magazine or the specs...I forgot everything. Also, Its seems that my M1 intake is much higher than an edelbrock performer I currently have on it....will there be clearance issues with a large demon carb as specified above with a stock 69 charger hood? :shruggy:

66monaco

hhhmmm I dunno if the M1 is same high as eddys rpm intake, but I can say rpm, 800 holley and 3" aircleaner fits good under the 69 charger stock hood... :2thumbs:
M ore
O utstanding
P ower
A nd
R eliability

werner

Have the issue at home. Made 450hp, 383 edelbrock heads, comp cam,480, 490 lift. Compression was low I think due to the fact the owner thought the compression was 10:1 but actuall y more like 8.5:1. Pistons were down in the hole like .85 thousands.Performer RPM intake. TTI headers. Was in a white 1971 roadrunner and they ran it on a chasis dyno.
Will look it up tonight
1969 dodeg charger, 528 hemi ,Tko 5spd.