News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gauge cluster screws?

Started by terrible one, April 03, 2009, 10:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Before I go to the hardware store and buy a huge lot of random screws, etc. to try out, does anyone know the size, or approximate size of the screws that hold the gauge cluster into the dash frame?

Also, what about the size for the bolts that mount the seat bracket to the floor? I take it the original tracks had studs, but I will be using nuts and bolts. Does anyone know what size fills/ fits the hole in the floor?

Thanks!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: terrible one on April 03, 2009, 10:32:14 AM

Before I go to the hardware store and buy a huge lot of random screws, etc. to try out, does anyone know the size, or approximate size of the screws that hold the gauge cluster into the dash frame?

Also, what about the size for the bolts that mount the seat bracket to the floor? I take it the original tracks had studs, but I will be using nuts and bolts. Does anyone know what size fills/ fits the hole in the floor?

Thanks!
I posted pictures somewhere of the gauge screws on this site for the wood dash.  As for the seat bolts, I think mine were 3/8 course thread.  Kinda long though originally.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger-Bodie

The original seat tracks had studs like you said. they where 5/16, but if you are useing aftermarket seats anyway you may be able to get away with 3/8 bolts . The holes are fairly big in the floor.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............