News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone using Electric exhaust cutouts?

Started by Sublime/Sixpack, March 12, 2009, 04:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sublime/Sixpack

I'm considering installing electric exhaust cutouts, and was wondering if anyone here has used them? Which brand? How well do they hold up? Etc. etc.

thanks,
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

b5blue

You know Pontiac had mufflers with built in vac. operated pass through doors....saw them on ebay, really cool stuff!

mauve66

when i had my daytona alot of folks on www.rumblebee.org had them installed, you could do a search there if no one here has them
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Beer

QTP is popular with the GM boyz. Summit Racing sells them, as well as a couple other brands.

Jim
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

BLAM

I have been told that these are the only ones worth installing.  Race Ready Performance  http://www.racereadyperformance.com/welcome.php?section=Welcome
RLTW - "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

Sublime/Sixpack

2nd69charger

I am just now putting on the QTP exhaust cutouts. will be done next week.
KEEPAT has them on his car for 2 years with no problems. Has a pic of his.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,46034.0.html

Sublime/Sixpack

Thanks, that thread helped.  Forgot to do a Search before I posted my question.

I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know how well you like yours once you get them on.

Arkgl01

I am on my General with a 440 and that sound GREAT! I close them and run magnaflow mufflers and have no problem but when I want attention I just open them!  :2thumbs:
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

Carlwalski

I have electric DMH cut outs on my 440 Challenger R/T. Lots of fun on the highway and when you want attention but performance wise - an absolute waste of time IMO lol. Mine feels like an absolute dog off the line and pretty much anywhere in the rpm range, just zero (obviously) back pressure. Push the go pedal and it just feels empty. Close them up and feel the grunt and car come back to life. But, I love mine just for the sound factor. On the open highway at cruising speeds or where ever performance isn't needed, it's awesome and you don't have to use them, they're there when you need them......quite the novelty.

www.dmhperformance.com/

RECHRGD

I always thought that when you uncorked a car the A/F mixture leans out.  Maybe it doesn't hurt anything for short durations or it's only a concern for optimum (racing) performance.  I'm not sure though, it's just stuck in the back of my head for some reason.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Hemidog

Brock Samson

mikepmcs

Quote from: Brock Samson on March 30, 2009, 12:44:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHKSXGM3a80     :2thumbs:

Frank's having way too much fun out there.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

It robs low end big time and basically just for a noise show, but I gotta have em'

What brand are those? I like the look and operation of that particular model.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson