News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BATTERY DISCONNECT SWITCH??

Started by miamivice, March 26, 2009, 09:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miamivice

Here is an easy question.  I am looking for a disconnect switch for my 69 charger.  Does anyone run one? 

Just wondering if this will fit under the hood? 

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/TOP-POST-BATTERY-DISCONNECT-SWITCH,2382.html

FLG

Got one on my 73 similar to that. Fits just fine. I disconnect it every time it goes back in the garage, dont want to take any risks.

b5blue

Yup had one for 13 years now...Walmarts got the best price, 2.98 I think. :2thumbs:

ChgrSteve67

Got one on my Charger. No clearence issues.

Would definitely recommend putting one on.

think I got mine from Summit.

BronzeOnSteelies

I have one identical to that. Got it at Batteries Plus and it was $5 or $6. Looks like Wal Mart is a better deal.

68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

NHCharger

Quote from: FLG on March 26, 2009, 09:35:01 PM
Got one on my 73 similar to that. Fits just fine. I disconnect it every time it goes back in the garage, dont want to take any risks.

:iagree:
Same here for both my Chargers.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

miamivice

Thank you all...I'll have to go pick one up next time I'm at Walmart.  It is such a hassle right now un-doing the battery cable from the battery every time. 

mikesbbody

I hear ya Miami I use one just like the one pictured the only problem i had was instaed of disconnecting the battery cable, I would forget to disconnect the switch  :lol: just a matter of making it a habit.