News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

383 oil pump drive

Started by money pit, May 23, 2009, 08:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

money pit

long story short igot a reman engine, go to put the oil pump drive gear in and it is not centered with the cam(the slot) it centers at 10* btdc if i put it at 0 it is off don't know if cam is degreed this way, should i just leave it this way . thanks scott

maxwellwedge

As long as it is in a position to where your vacuum can is in a decent spot when your timing is where you want it....ie - not hitting the intake etc., good range of travel each way for fine-tuning. You can also cheat a little by where you start with number one sparkplug wire in the cap. Are you saying the slot is parallel with the crank c/line when the timing mark is at 10 BTDC?

money pit

yes the centerline is even with thecrank at 10*i thought that is suposed to be at 0 on the balencer then the gear would be straight in line with the crank