News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Watch out ordering a rear window gasket from Jacks Auto Parts

Started by ChgrSteve67, March 25, 2009, 09:48:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChgrSteve67

I ordered a rear window gasket #WG6 from Jacks Auto Parts back in December for $99.

I finally recieved the gasket last week after calling and calling and calling.
I can't remember how many times I was told they just came, we got them a few days ago, we are supose to get them next week, the manufacturer didn't like how they turned out and have to run a new batch and on and on.

I haven't installed it yet to let you know how well it fits but when I got the charge on my credit card Jack charged me $145 for the gasket.
I sent them a e-mail a few days ago asking whats up and got no responce to my e-mail. I called him this morning and he unloaded on me that he did not make a dime on the gasket he sent me, told me a story that the manufacturer raised their prices 20 to 30 percent and the gasket is actually $199 not $99.  :dontknow:  My origional invoice says $99 for the gasket.

To me these numbers don't add up.

If I didn't need the gasket so bad after waiting this long I would send it back.

Anyways just wanted you all to know my experience with Jacks.

Here is a screenshot of his website and the price of the gasket.

Steve

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TeeWJay426

Unusual for him... he has had, at least up till now, one of the better reputations among Mopar parts vendors.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

bull

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on March 25, 2009, 10:45:21 AM
Unusual for him... he has had, at least up till now, one of the better reputations among Mopar parts vendors.

Now Jim's on the other hand...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,24461.0.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

I agree...Jimmy from Jacks Auto Parts is a straight shooter.  Lately it seems to be a trend with parts Mfgrs....promise the world & not make good on it.  The vendors & consumers are usually the ones to lose in the end.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

aone415

I've always had great experiences with Jack's... but then again I can drive there and get what I need from them too

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Mopar2Ya

This doesn't really surprise me. Hopefully the gasket fits/works well.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

jb666

Quote from: bull on March 25, 2009, 11:04:54 AM

Now Jim's on the other hand...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,24461.0.html

I agree.. Jim's will never see a cent from me. The woman who answers the phone has a personality like a blood blister I had once.

As for Jack's, thanks for the heads up!!  :cheers: :cheers:

y3chargerrt

I have no problems with Jacks and the first part I bought from them was in 1996. Seems like its taking longer and longer to fill backorders and alot of the repro parts. Maybe if some of this stuff was made in the USA???

suntech

QuoteMaybe if some of this stuff was made in the USA???

Maybe, but then i am afraid it would be a lot of bitching about the price!!! :scratchchin:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

y3chargerrt

Id be one to pay more for the made is USA tag as long as the parts are good!

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: Mopar2Ya on March 29, 2009, 04:26:24 PM
This doesn't really surprise me. Hopefully the gasket fits/works well.

I will find out tomorrow when my glass gets installed.

I'm not worried about it too much since both gaskets are made by Precision.