News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Car behind Lee 1 for sale!!!

Started by teamroth, March 24, 2009, 10:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamroth

Hey all, didn't know if anyone else saw this, thought it was interesting.
Car behind Lee #1 on the block. Mods feel free to move in necessary.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/ctd/1061896257.html

:eek2: :nana:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Ghoste

For some reason I thought the car was up around Indianapolis somewhere.  Interesting that it's up for sale.

teamroth

Hell of alot of coin though in todays market. No?

bull

skip68

LEE 1 is not for sell.  It just says that LEE 1 is the smashed car in a few pictures.   ;)   Sorry thad, you need to read your own post.  :nana: :nana: :nana: :icon_smile_big:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69bronzeT5

I'll say it....HERE WE GO AGAIN!

:horse:

Every time a thread about Lee #1 comes up...people fight and it gets locked :lol:

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

teamroth

oops! the car behind Lee 1 is for sale!

teamroth

now it's not a thread about Lee 1!

skip68

No worries my friend.  I hope to see you and Betty back in Vegas next year for M.A.T.S.   :2thumbs:   As for the GENERAL LEE,  they must have had that car covered real good to keep the paint looking that good after 30+ years.
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

MoparManJim

I heard from a good source that Lee1 is with it's owner now down south. Has been for some time now. 

skip68

:scratchchin:   I wonder what LEE 1 would be worth if it was for sale. 

jaak

wonder if its a legit ad. First off the car looks to nice to never have anything done to it since 1978, Second its looks to "finished" to be an actual DOH car, like the painted door jambs, I know they didnt open the doors on the show, but in shots with the trunk or hood open, it was always the original color. Lastly, where is the confederate and racing flag crossing on the dutchman panel, didnt all Georgia cars have that.
I not saying in isn't legit, but looking at the photos, I see alot of potential red flags.

Jason

Mike DC

This car's TV legitimacy is a gray area. 

It was built by the Georgia body shop that did the DOH cars soon after the TV show actually left.  So it's not a screen used car but it was built by a lot of the same hands at the same time as the Georgia cars. 

68charger383

Here is another car (The Hogg Mustang) claiming DOH TV/movie status. I watched the show, but not enough to play DOH trivial pursuit. Anyone recognize this car. I think it might be the car they raced in the movie??

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/1084473312.html
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Charger_Fan

QuoteThis particular General Lee disappeared in 1980 when Don Schisler sold the car because of the amount of attention he got with it; people would see the car in his drive-way and actually stop at his home looking for the Duke boys!!
Man, there's some idiots out there sometimes. :idiot:

Yeah, the Mustang was in the first movie as a race entry.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mike DC

"The Hogg" Mustang was the adversary race car in the 2005 big-screen DOH movie.  (Driven by the Ben-Stiller-imitation bad guy, remember?)

teamroth

Quote from: 68charger383 on March 25, 2009, 09:33:05 AM
Here is another car (The Hogg Mustang) claiming DOH TV/movie status. I watched the show, but not enough to play DOH trivial pursuit. Anyone recognize this car. I think it might be the car they raced in the movie??

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/1084473312.html

it does look like it no?  :shruggy:
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 25, 2009, 02:38:24 PM
"The Hogg" Mustang was the adversary race car in the 2005 big-screen DOH movie.  (Driven by the Ben-Stiller-imitation bad guy, remember?)

It's the guy from the USA show Psych. Forgot his name, and too lazy to google it.

vancamp

that was the hogg mustang from the tv series not the movie, on the tv series jesse and boss raced for bragging rights.

MoparManJim

Quote from: vancamp on March 26, 2009, 06:37:59 AM
that was the hogg mustang from the tv series not the movie, on the tv series jesse and boss raced for bragging rights.

The one listed above is from the 05 film. The ones that they used on the show was earlyer models. And in all black or gray colors with no decals added.