News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dont Hate Me

Started by Lizey, March 26, 2009, 04:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizey

allright well after looking more and more at my '76 (once again sorry i havent put up pics i never remember my camera! uncle only lives 2 miles up the road...) and its looking like a lot more work than i can handle on my income (im a freshman in high school i dont make much!!!)

but my friends dad has a '76 Cutlass Supreme with a motor he pulled out of his '68 442 that he wrecked about 3 years ago
$300 gets me the whole car...it runs and drives great! (we spent the whole summer of '08 trashing it haha...)
is it worth buying considering it needs MINIMAL work???
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

BLUE68RT4ME

You speak blasphemy my child!   :no:  Say no more!   ;)

Look, you have to do what you have to do.  No one knows your situation better than you.  You need to weigh what you want against what is practicle and go with what you feel is right.  Maybe you restore the car when you grow older, maybe you sell it, maybe it's not worth restoring at all, it's all up to you.  At your age, I'd say it's best to do what's most practicle because it's not going to make life easy pouring money into something you can't get any use out of.  Yeah, there's pride in simply having a toy to work on, but maybe you want/need something you can drive even more.  It's your call.  Just remember, whatever you decide... don't look back!

:2thumbs:
Mark Schultz
"BLUE68RT4ME"

Ghoste

I hate to say it, but I pretty much agree with all of that.

mikepmcs

$300 for a running driving on the road car.  No brainer! Buy it and drive it until you can't drive it no more.  You won't lose a dime on that car.   :2thumbs:

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Foreman72

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 26, 2009, 06:25:25 PM
$300 for a running driving on the road car.  No brainer! Buy it and drive it until you can't drive it no more.  You won't lose a dime on that car.   :2thumbs:

cept in the gas tank :Twocents:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

dpm68

Why not - it sounds like fun. I owned a '72 Cutlass Supreme vert and loved it.

chargerkid01

It is no mopar, but I've been in your place I remember driving the old red dodge ram to high school and sitting out in the parkinglot letting the pipes rumble wasting gasoline!! best time ever!! Take it make it what you want and have fun!!!