News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new charger at gas station with lift up doors, anyone seen this before? (PICS)

Started by SeattleCharger, March 23, 2009, 01:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 23, 2009, 01:27:13 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on March 23, 2009, 01:22:01 PM
don't see much of them or the spinners anymore,.. lots of oversize wheels still though,..
there's a b-5 blue super bee SRT/8 at the dealer for $37K that makes me think abit about gittin a new one, but i don't think so..  :shruggy:

yeah, the spinners were another horrible fad that I'm glad it's gone.

The "oversize" wheels are here to stay though. Some cars, like the LX's scream for big wheels, with those huge wheel wells. If anything, the next change in wheel trends are gonna be in the designs and even the materials that they're made of.

Haha man around here spinners are still in! A lot of people where I live though put a weight in the spinner part so that it will ride the bearing instead of spinning and with the rubberband tires it looks like the car is just sliding across the road! Nothing I would ever do, but I'm always entertained watching that shit.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

Hmmm, what if you took that goofy four door Charger with the funky doors and added 20 inch Vector style wheels with rubber band tires and a GL paint job?  That would be old AND new school.  :smilielol:

cpthowdy1369

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Old Moparz

I can't help but wonder what kind of severe bodily injury there'd be if that hinge let go on such a heavy door like that?   :lol:

It always amazed me that no matter what goofy or crazy thing that can be added or done to a car, someone will do it.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Charger_Fan on March 23, 2009, 06:37:03 PM
Quote from: Magnumcharger on March 23, 2009, 04:03:35 PM
Worst....idea....ever...... :rotz:
If that's true, then this idea is firmly in 2nd spot. :P

Ponch, that first one is real...was on eGouge 11/07. :eyes:
FAIL.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 24, 2009, 10:03:57 AM
I can't help but wonder what kind of severe bodily injury there'd be if that hinge let go on such a heavy door like that?   :lol:

It always amazed me that no matter what goofy or crazy thing that can be added or done to a car, someone will do it.

I shit you not...I've seen guys w/ Lambo doors at shows and cruise-ins actually drive around with the doors up, and one leg out. They'll pull into the cruise-in place, let the car roll on drive and then raise them out. Bunch of asshats. Some of my buddies even saw some dude in a Lambo-ed Honda or something or other open them up WHILE DOING 65+ ON THE FREEWAY!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Ghoste

SeattleCharger

Quote from: FJMG on March 26, 2009, 08:55:58 AM
   Or use the disappearing car door!  http://www.disappearing-car-door.com/

ok, that is different for sure,   but I have to wonder, if its raining, or the underside of your car is muddy, dirty, greasy, dripping mud or water, does it all go onto the interior side of your door and then when you close the door its all over the inside of your car door?   

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

FJMG

Excellent point, I would HOPE that with the type of cars (I'm thinkin' this thing is not cheap) the door is advertised on, they would have designed some sort of pocket for the door to slide into with some REAL good weatherstriping!!!

mikepmcs

Quote from: Hemidog on March 24, 2009, 10:06:59 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on March 24, 2009, 10:05:16 AM
Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on March 24, 2009, 03:26:14 AM
:icon_smile_cool:

more cow bell
I gotta have more cowbell, baby!

no, you're talking to my guy all wrong

do it again and i'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron.

does your mom sew. blam...sew that.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?