News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66 charger gauges/solid state limiter

Started by JohnZepka, April 13, 2009, 04:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnZepka

I had/have some electrical problems with my 66 charger.  Lights would flicker, I fried my field to regulator wire, but I think I'm past that. Hopefully.  Now here's the thing,  I have a solid state limiter that I just attached to the back of my cluster and hooked a wire from it to the fuel terminal.  Gauges worked.  Was driving and they went out, came back, went out.  Would happen once and a while.  Now I worked on some electrical got my lights to not flicker, however now when the car is idling my gauges work,  rpm's up gauges die and the flashing light thats on the limiter dies, back at idle gauges come back.  Some info I got was if the light on the limiter dies it's losing ground and when it gets ground back the gauges will come back. Don't see why rpms up would cause me to lose ground and my gauges.  I know that my cluster has an internal limiter and I know that there is some kind of process to open up the fuel gauge and eliminate that limiter.  I don't know if that has been done or not, could this be my problem or is the way I hooked up the limiter o.k.. 

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak