News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

how rare is this charger? need the gurus

Started by bugsydog, March 14, 2009, 08:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugsydog

heres the fender tag

V5X 28 end
M25 H51 J25 J52 L31 M21
V1X U B41 C21 C56 G11
TX9 M5X9 TX9 B07 109720
E63 D34 WH23M3G138305

I'm have the vehicle and was wondering if it was worth restoreing or selling? at this time the car sports a buldge hood, 440 magnum engine, (1970 i think), needs both fenders worked, a drivers door on and a new roof skin, what do you guys think? should i build it or sell it?

1970Moparmann

Go to Chargerregistry.com, register it, and Wayne Wooten will give you the information you need to know.  I'm new to this forum so this is what I've done in the past.

Good luck.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Ghoste

Just doing a quick check and it looks to be originally a 400 two barrel.  There were just over 4000 of those made in 73.

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

bugsydog

bugsydog

bugsydog

Ghoste

Tuff wheel and power bulge hood.  You're right about the roof skin though, that's pretty nasty.  Is it cheap?

bugsydog

$1000 dollars, it's a 400-2 barrel car with goodies!

Charger1973

Its worth that in parts if the hood is solid.  Does it have the rear valance with the exhaust cutouts? 

bugsydog

Ghoste

Hmm, it looks to have some of the desirable stuff on there.  Make them an offer and see what happens.
Tag shows it to be an ac car, is that still on it?

Charger1973

Yep, I would say its worth that in parts, if nothing else. 

bugsydog

A/C still there

Ghoste

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

mikesbbody

Yup, for the money pick it up  :2thumbs: it has a 72 bulge hood, Tuff wheel and the dual cut out rear valance and exhaust tips! some nice options!  :2thumbs:

Chris

Check out the drivers side leaf spring, Ive never seen one bent like that. You will make your money back on the parts and then some, good luck.

Charger1973

Quote from: Chris on March 15, 2009, 01:39:42 AM
Check out the drivers side leaf spring, Ive never seen one bent like that. You will make your money back on the parts and then some, good luck.

Thats just a bolt on helper to keep them from sagging.

Chris

Thanks for the info, had not seen one of those before.

bugsydog

it also has the 150 speedo and the am/fm radio, but i noticed the buddy seat is missing.

bugsydog

I was told the motor that is in it now is a 440 magnum, is there a way to tell if the exhaust manifolds are magnum manifolds by looking at them? i'm going to have to go back and look to see if its a steel crank motor, it might have the good heads also.

WingCharger

Quote from: bugsydog on March 15, 2009, 08:32:50 AM
it also has the 150 speedo and the am/fm radio, but i noticed the buddy seat is missing.
AM/FM radios are rare. :yesnod:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Chris on March 15, 2009, 01:39:42 AM

That is an aftermarket add-on spring capacity increasing deal.

Notice the Q-clamps on the tips - that's factory stuff.