News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hey, any computer artists in the group?

Started by Khyron, March 30, 2009, 07:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KS71owner

Quote from: Green71R/T on April 05, 2009, 09:14:06 PM
That is one hot logo.I wish I had Talent like that.A few years ago I commisioned my niece to come up with with a logo for my towing company but althougth artistically inclined she could not see my vision(a dragon with a car on it's tail).It takes talent to know what the client wants and put it on paper.

Thanks!

I've done a few dragons for people myself. I did one setup for a friend of mine with a tribal-style dragon graphic for her bike. Dragons are fun to draw, but there are a LOT of different ways to do them.

WingCharger

SuperCharger

Quote from: KS71owner on April 06, 2009, 12:25:27 PM
Quote from: SuperCharger on April 05, 2009, 07:45:01 PM
:o nicely done that looks great. You think you might be interested in helping design a mopar tattoo for me?

What did you have in mind?
I'd like to get the logo off the drag package challenger on my shoulder. basically the Big "M" and the "Mopar" logo off the side with that blue water? I guess it is? kinda bursting out from the logo it only has to be a circle as it will go right on the round part of my shoulder.

KS71owner

That shouldn't be too hard to replicate. I may be able to find the actual graphics via a little searching through my work sources. I'll see what I can find and/or come up with.

SuperCharger

Quote from: KS71owner on April 06, 2009, 11:02:05 PM
That shouldn't be too hard to replicate. I may be able to find the actual graphics via a little searching through my work sources. I'll see what I can find and/or come up with.
awesome. just gimme a shout if you want any compensation for you hard work I'd be more then willing to pay.

bigred68

KS71owner

I did some searching today at work, and I had no problem finding the mopar logo so if I can't find this actual artwork at least I have a good place to start.  :2thumbs:

SuperCharger

Quote from: KS71owner on April 07, 2009, 10:28:05 PM
I did some searching today at work, and I had no problem finding the mopar logo so if I can't find this actual artwork at least I have a good place to start.  :2thumbs:
awesome by artwork you mean the m? Or the graphic behind it? The big m by itself would be great to. I don't necessarily need the mopar in there just the m

KS71owner

Quote from: SuperCharger on April 07, 2009, 10:45:24 PM
Quote from: KS71owner on April 07, 2009, 10:28:05 PM
awesome by artwork you mean the m? Or the graphic behind it? The big m by itself would be great to. I don't necessarily need the mopar in there just the m

I meant just the circular M. The "mopar" copy I think I have too, but it might be slightly different. Not a big deal, it won't be hard to replicate. The toughest part will be the water splash.

KS71owner

Sorry for the delay, I just got back from house-and-dogsitting for my mom for a week so I'm a little behind. Khyron, I vectorized your logo at work this week, and I will run a test cut of it on Monday or Tuesday to check for quality. If I don't run into any issues I'll send you the file by then. If it needs any cleanup I should be able to take care of that pretty quickly.

BTW, what color vinyl do you want the logo cut from?

Khyron

Quote from: KS71owner on April 11, 2009, 12:12:33 PM
Sorry for the delay, I just got back from house-and-dogsitting for my mom for a week so I'm a little behind. Khyron, I vectorized your logo at work this week, and I will run a test cut of it on Monday or Tuesday to check for quality. If I don't run into any issues I'll send you the file by then. If it needs any cleanup I should be able to take care of that pretty quickly.

I said it before, I'll say it again, you are the man!

White would be fine, any other colors you have laying around will work fine as well :thumbup:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

KS71owner

Quote from: Khyron on April 11, 2009, 05:46:14 PM
Quote from: KS71owner on April 11, 2009, 12:12:33 PM

I said it before, I'll say it again, you are the man!

White would be fine, any other colors you have laying around will work fine as well :thumbup:

No problem. I'll cut one or two in white and I'll see what other scrap colors I have lying around.

KS71owner

Ok, new update! Sorry for the delay.

Test cut went pretty well, there are a few really thin strokes I think we should thicken up just a bit to make sure the graphics hold up well. A little adjusting and we should be good.

Here's a photo of the first test cut, this one measures about 9" tall x 12" wide.

runningman

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.