News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Repro Dash Facia Bezel Kit from B/ E & A Restoration Parts

Started by boys3rt, February 27, 2009, 07:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boys3rt

I wanted to warn fellow members that before you invest your money into these reproduction sets, they may look good but don't fit very well. The biggest area of concern is the lower corner pieces. The pieces leave a sizable gap where they mate up to the pieces above them. The original faded pieces that you have now fit much better and barely leave a gap. The gauge cluster piece does fit but you will see that some of the mounting holes don't align up very well. As always there is something to be said with the original Mopar parts. I admit that the chrome and paint (in my case black 69') did look good.

mauve66

one of the guys who works/owns tehm?? is on www.66-67charger.com once in a while and seems like if you talk to them they willl fix it.  maybe it was one that got past quality control???  at least give them a chance to correct the issue if possible.  they are in the process of making the full dash for the 1st gen and the taillight chromes also, so i hope they get it right
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

You must be having a tough time with parts boys3rt, thats two vendors you've warned about in one evening?  Thats not good.

Back N Black

I used the aftermarket Bezel's and they fit pretty good. I had to push and pull the dash a little because when the dash is out its going to be a little out of shape from moving it around installing it, so it has to be tweeked a little.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: boys3rt on February 27, 2009, 07:35:40 PM
I wanted to warn fellow members that before you invest your money into these reproduction sets, they may look good but don't fit very well. The biggest area of concern is the lower corner pieces. The pieces leave a sizable gap where they mate up to the pieces above them. The original faded pieces that you have now fit much better and barely leave a gap. The gauge cluster piece does fit but you will see that some of the mounting holes don't align up very well. As always there is something to be said with the original Mopar parts. I admit that the chrome and paint (in my case black 69') did look good.
Did they offer you a chance to return it? Got pictures?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

boys3rt

Boys3RT here,

I appreciate the responses. I do not have pictures but I will take some soon. I ask the people that said they were happy with theirs if they could respond how the end lower corners fit for them? I have not spoken to B & E yet. I assumed that since I purchased the parts a year ago they wouldn't do anything for me. In fairness I should ask them first.

6d9 charger

Mike at B E & A , is a stand up guy , every time i have  bought stuff or asked about stuff he has been a BIG help :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

I had issues with the SE wood and the repro bezel.  The first set of wood had some glue on the large piece, and the silk screening was off on the radio plate.  He sent me a new set with no complaints and I appreciate that.  I also bought a new repro dash bezel and he mounted the new wood on it.  The dash bezel has small areas of chrome missing around the inner large ring.  Also the small inside lip which should be chromed was painted sloppy black.  The wood bezel also was raised on the right side near the 4 switches.  I was to stressed to have to return it so I got a large magnifying glass on a mount and painted the bad areas with silver paint.  I then glued the wood down to the bezel where it was lifted.  It wasn't until after I installed all the pieces I noticed the wood above the dash is a tint darker than the radio plate.
I think it's fantastic that there are people out there like Mike that make these parts,  but I would just suggest looking at them close.  I had my original dash bezel re chromed and it came out perfect by Chrometech USA but I cracked an area while tightening it down.  The SE wood is stunning. Just make sure all the pieces are perfect in detail, before you install them.  You would think for 600+ they would be, but the way things are made today, look close.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

68r/t

I bought a set to suit a 8 track setup and they fitted great, I had some black paint come off in the shipping but I found a perfect match touched it up and all is well.