News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Charger

Started by clanton, January 26, 2009, 05:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger2002

psh. too many deals out there to buy a car for 17,500 needing some work(of course that 70 in this topic looks to be worth 17,500).. not to hijack, but  i passed on this car(again) and he's down to $14k.. he can't even get 14k for it..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1970-Dodge-Charger-Plum-Crazy_W0QQitemZ270359210712QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item270359210712&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

im gonna hold out and if a perfect deal comes along, i'll add another car. i can  afford to be VERY choosy right now.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

nh_mopar_fan

Looks like a little bit of shill bidding going on.

He says no zero feedback bidders. Current high bidder has zero feedback.

Oh, and current bidder was also the high bidder when he had it up last time and it ended at 17.5K and then it was re-listed.

Charger_Fan

Maybe he just hasn't cancelled that guy's bid yet? :shruggy:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The70RT

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on March 27, 2009, 09:42:54 AM

Oh, and current bidder was also the high bidder when he had it up last time and it ended at 17.5K and then it was re-listed.

Yep....looks to be. If a deadbeat bidder wouldn't pay last time I would have blocked him  :-\
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TUFCAT

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on March 27, 2009, 09:42:54 AM

If this is true, there's really no need for shill bids because he could get his "price" by setting a reserve - without credibility issues -

Ebay buyers aren't that stupid. Most buyers search religously for certain year and models, so obvious shilling antics could kill a potential sale IMO. 

If two "ligitimate" no sales really occured on eBay, I'd cut my losses, pull the listing, and advertise elsewhere.  :Twocents: :Twocents: 

bull

I would have loved to get a car in that shape for $20k. A screwed up engine (or fuel system) is about the easiest thing to fix compared to everything else. Even if you had to take the 383 out and spend $2,500 rebuilding it you'd still come out ahead IMO. I don't get why you're so hellbent on getting rid of it that you're willing to lose money?

1970Moparmann

Quote from: bull on March 27, 2009, 10:38:33 PM
I would have loved to get a car in that shape for $20k. A screwed up engine (or fuel system) is about the easiest thing to fix compared to everything else. Even if you had to take the 383 out and spend $2,500 rebuilding it you'd still come out ahead IMO. I don't get why you're so hellbent on getting rid of it that you're willing to lose money?

Seems like there's more to this story..... :popcrn:   Or, has too much cash laying around.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!