News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what should I do

Started by 280bb0, March 26, 2009, 08:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

280bb0

ok at the cross roads I have a 72 hardtop 318 rebuilt the motor last year took out the 904 sliped in the 727 and it has a non suregrip 8 3/4 rear bought the car on ebay not the color I wanted, not the interior color I wanted and it was a colum shift but the price was right. so over the last 2 years have been collecting the parts needed to make the car I wanted but could not afford ie bench seats consol all correct linkages etc. have about 10 k into it car and parts the body is very good very little rust under car is solid trunk great floor pans like new my question is do I go all the way bead blast drop in the 440 and do a full resto or do stop stick the 318 back in and drive if im lucky I will have 20k into it when its done hind sight I would have spent the money to by the right car but what do I do know just looking for some ideas  thanks Brian

Ghoste

Brian, I did a similar thing- bought a different car than what I wanted because the price was right.  I've put a lot of money into it and I enjoy the car a lot.  In fact I can't see getting rid of it easily BUT it still isn't the one I want and if I can only have one the 67 will go. 
My predicament differs in that mine isn't even the same generation as what I want so collecting parts for the car I want to do a conversion doesn't work.  The car I have needs some major bodywork so what to do is a question I ask myself a lot.
In your case, if the body is good and the style is close to what you want but it's more about color and options then I'm tempted to tell you to hang on to what have and finish the project.  Especially if you have been accumulating the parts to get it there.
If you like it as a 72 then I say bead blast, console, colors and 440 that sucker. 

280bb0

Thanks that's what I need to hear. I know I will never get my money out of it but that's not what its about. Its just taking so long and I miss driving it I wish I had the money to buy a driver then take my time on this one I almost let it go due to bills and being overwhelmend by the amount of work to get it done. I thought my 16 year old was going to help found out he would rather be with his friends hell I was driving at 13 and rebuilding my first car at 15 things have changed .