News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

edelbrock str 14-6

Started by mauve66, February 17, 2009, 06:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

looking for info/pics of linkage used and mods to intake to prevent fuel puddling, thanks
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

I have the old Direct Connection mod drawing for that but you'll have to give me about an hour or so to dig it out.
edit:
Got it, on the left side of the drawing below, the cut off text reads; Retain this rib as cast.

Ghoste

This help?

BrianShaughnessy

Thanks!   I was looking for that stuff  :cheers:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

firefighter3931

Thanks for posting that Shawn  :2thumbs:

Does the old DC bulletin show the same mods for the 2x4bbl top vs the 3x2bbl ?  :scratchchin:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Sure, make me dig it out again. 
Ron, all I can find for dual fours are for a low deck and the mods are different, do you want them?

mauve66

thanks Ghoste, your great

now........... any pics on linkage................. :popcrn: :popcrn:
is that book available still?? need exact title to search for it
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

mauve66

sorry to keep wanting more, karma gets me in the end
sorry to ask for so much...............

when i try to print those diagrams they are about the size of a silver dollar, if i increase the size i can't read them, do i have any options????
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Ghoste

I can try and e-mail the file to you?  It's from one of the old Direct Connection manuals from the 70's.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Ghoste on February 18, 2009, 01:44:12 PM
Sure, make me dig it out again. 
Ron, all I can find for dual fours are for a low deck and the mods are different, do you want them?

Yes please !  :icon_smile_big:

Thanks, Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Dual fours, the text on the left reads as follows; "Retain this rib as cast" for the upper instruction and "Add rib here see below" for the second section.   On my monitor, the to scale template appears as the proper size but for the record the manual shows it as being 3 and 11.5/32 inches across the top and 1 and 3/32 deep on the left hand edge straight line portion ONLY.

firefighter3931

Thanks Shawn....good info !  :2thumbs:

Not that i'm a fan of that manifold and would never use one....but it's still good to know how to rework it.  :yesnod:

Back in the day when all we had was cast iron heads it was descent but today it's a real turd on any descent flowing cylinder head. The dyno numbers bear that out.  :P

Ron

mauve66

is anyone repoping the book itself???
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Ghoste

I'm going to guess no but I'm not sure.  I see them a lot at swap meets so it may be worth a look on e-bay too.