News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Opinions .....

Started by Khyron, February 07, 2009, 07:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I?

Badge it.
Dont Badge it.
Im going to cop out and say do what you want :-P

Khyron

O.k... we have 3 distint DMCL cars, one was a 68, 2 69's ... one was a R/T one was not.

With my car being a true 440 in it... I was thinking about putting the R/T badges on it... 2 main reasons i don't want to is listening to people complain that I'm trying to pass it off as a true R/T and the second is it can still be a correct DMCL car without it.

The reason I do want to do it is because of the fact it does have a 440 in it and no 440's came without the R/T package... So by putting the badge on it that would make it a tribute to the R/T DMCL car... make sense?

So what do you thing? Badge it? or not badge it?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

tan top

:think:   don't really matter , the DMCL charger was either in the film :shruggy: ..but i would not stick a R/T badge on a XP charger , just me though .... not going to hurt none if you do !! you've gone to the trouble of making a clone of the DMCL car  :drool5:  , just needs black interior now :2thumbs:   

stick  em on   :icon_smile_wink:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

General_01

I voted to not badge it. Like you said, it can still be a correct DMCL car without them.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

captnsim

Badge it...It's yours to enjoy however you see fit.

Mike DC

It's not a real prop-car from the DMCL movie either.  But you don't mind painting it as such, do you? 

What's the difference?  Only theoretical. 

The purists and real R/T owners will object of course.  But the musclecar hobby has generally accepted phony badges as long as it's a complete cloning of the badged version (not just a motor swap), and as long as the VIN isn't changed.

Ghoste

69 charger 500

moparstuart

Badges we dont need no stinkin badges   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

lastoasis

Badge it, R/T makes other muscle cars nervous :yesnod:

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ghoste

And if anybody whines, just lean close to them and whisper conspiratorially, "Sssssssh, I know and it wasn't really used in the movie either but don't tell anyone cuz it's a huge secret."

rt green

driving purests nuts is half the fun of owning a clone
third string oil changer

bmoparmofo

Badge it if you want. I'll be doing it to mine and also an R/T stripe because I like the look of it.Mine is a 383 xp car.
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Mean 318

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Khyron

Looks like i'll be ordering them soon then :lol:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

rarefish

I say do what you want, but ever time someone checks out your car, they will either assume that its a real R/T or ask you if it is. So now you will have to decide what you plan to tell people when they ask that question. :scratchchin: I have a stripe delete 68 R/T and a lot of people tell me to add the stripe because it does not look like an R/T. I tell them "well that's just too bad, that's they way it was built"  :yesnod:

Khyron

I will tell them it's a DMCL Clone. If they look at the VIN, they'll know she's not a real R/T.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

The70RT

Quote from: Khyron on February 08, 2009, 09:33:59 PM
I will tell them it's a DMCL Clone. If they look at the VIN, they'll know she's not a real R/T.

Not all people are V.I.N. people.....cover it with a pic of Mary :D

Mean 318

I put a sticker over my vin that says "if this car is being trailered call 911, chances are its being stolen!" Just as a piss off to all the vin reading ass holes who like to make remarks about my cars!

The70RT

Quote from: Mean 318 on February 08, 2009, 10:13:01 PM
I put a sticker over my vin that says "if this car is being trailered call 911, chances are its being stolen!" Just as a piss off to all the vin reading ass holes who like to make remarks about my cars!

Or V.I.N. removed by MGM Grand  ;D

Khyron

Those are BOTH great ideas :lol:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

Or a sign that says, "If you can't tell just by looking at the car, does it really matter?".