News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picked up my daughter at school yesterday with the '68

Started by Dans 68, February 03, 2009, 04:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

I took the Charger (I just washed it) for a short romp yesterday to pick up my 8-year old. On the ride home, and while finishing rolling around a corner (and in 1st gear) I told her to "hold on". I stomped on the gas pedal and planted her firmly in her seat. She loved it. Her comment after the "dv/dt" was "Gee, Dad, it was just like a jet on the runway!". That comment made me smile and laugh, and I told her she was right! No wonder my family thinks I'm wrapped around her little finger....  :angel:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

jdiesel33

That's priceless Dan. You will never forget stuff like that and neither will she. My dad used to do the same thing to me in his '68 when I was a kid. Good times. :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

whitehatspecial

My 2 older boys, 18 and 20, along with my neighbors boys who are now 23 and 25 still talk about how I took them (all 4 in the back seat) around the block my '68, with open headers, about 10 years ago.

:2thumbs:
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Dans 68 on February 03, 2009, 04:47:36 AM
I took the Charger (I just washed it) for a short romp yesterday to pick up my 8-year old. On the ride home, and while finishing rolling around a corner (and in 1st gear) I told her to "hold on". I stomped on the gas pedal and planted her firmly in her seat. She loved it. Her comment after the "dv/dt" was "Gee, Dad, it was just like a jet on the runway!". That comment made me smile and laugh, and I told her she was right! No wonder my family thinks I'm wrapped around her little finger....  :angel:

Dan

You electrical guys and your clever lingo..   http://www.ep2000.com/Templates/powerquality/DVDT.pdf

My two year old daughter picks up a '69 Charger hotwheel out of the toy box the other day and she says to me, this is the boom boom car Daddy!  The boom boom car....

that put a smile on my face, and the realization that she was talking about my old 440 68 Charger and not the /6 C500..  :-\
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Very cool and lets hear it for the "wrapped around our little girl's finger" gang.   :cheers:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Hemidoug

I've picked my little one up in the 69 a couple of times too....'cept she keeps trying to chide me into doing a burn out (lol...Daddy do a burn out....come on daddy.... just one pleeeeeeease...)....she gets so excited when I drive up she runs to the car....most of the time I have to pry her off the playground....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

1969chargerrtse

Great story.

My daughter has no need for my Charger (12 year old ).  But we were coming back from a ride one day and I stopped the car smack in the middle of the road.  I turned my head slowly to the right and said " Do you know why mommies Honda is not called a Muscle car? " She said no.  I said " because it can't do this, and stomped on the pedal and left 2 long marks down the road, with a roar to complement it.  She tried to hide the smirk on her face.  On our way home we went, with a new look and respect for daddies Charger, and his love for it.  :patriot:

:drive:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

suntech

2 years ago, when i picked my car up in Chicago, i had my daughter with me, and we drove it to Reading, PA. She was then 17.
It has been sitting there for a while , gathering parts, and i shipped it just before christmas. Got a call yesterday that it is cleared customs, and i will pick it up in Oslo, Norway on monday. I am in Korea right now. My daughter is now 19, has her drivers license, and will probably take it for a ride on tuesday!!!! :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

69 charger 500

well if she does she will have a hell of a ride how are things in korea you dont hear to much about there now a days

SgtSearcy

where are you in Korea. I'm there as well.

When I first got my 66, my daughter could not speak but knew certain words like wow. The first day she walked up to it(she loves to play in daddy's car) and pointed at a spot of surface rust and said "uh-oh". I can't wait to get it on the road and take my best buddy(and her brother who's on the way) for a fun ride.

69 charger 500

im sure they will have fun and congrats on the baby coming i no wen he starts school (tho it will be quite a few years) he will be going my daddys car is better than your daddys car :lol: :coolgleamA:

suntech

Quotewell if she does she will have a hell of a ride how are things in korea you dont hear to much about there now a days

I am in Ulsan, South Korea. I work for National Oilwell Varco, and we are building big offshore cranes down here.
Work 4 weeks on, 4 weeks off. Had problems to get on the forum for a while, the trick is to go via the server at home :2thumbs:
Talked to my daughter yesterday, on her birthday, and she said the roads were clear, and she was ready to learn how to do burnouts :2thumbs:
Guess i will do that BEFORE i tear it down to fragments!!!! hehe She is going with me on monday, to pick up the car. It is a 4 hour drive :2thumbs:
Bad part is that the parts is still stuck in customs :shruggy:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

SgtSearcy

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.