News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

906 heads?

Started by TXcharger70, March 15, 2010, 10:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TXcharger70

Was wondering if this is a good deal or not I want to due some engine mods to my 383 and saw this ad for "Ported 906 casting heads. Milodon SS valves, Comp Cams HD springs, retainers and locks. Fully ported intake, exhaust with pocket and bowl work. Fresh valve job, never been run" for $750. I am looking to add some performace to the engine since i have it out and it is in the body shop. I am in the process of breaking it down to see what kind of cam it has from the previous owner. Or should i get eddy heads since that is what i see most people running

A383Wing

My  :Twocents:

Depending on how much "porting" has been done, you will loose some HP & torque on the lower end, but will gain it back on the upper RPM band...(if job was done correctly)

I got ported 906's on the black car...port job was over-done...(more ain't always better)...I lost a lot of lower end...but above 3500, engine comes alive.....

I'm looking for stock heads now to put back on...

oldschool

if you are not going for the stock look,i would not spend any money on cast iron heads.look into some performer rpm,s  :Twocents:
1968 cuda formula S bb 4-sp                          1968 Charger R/T 500" 4-sp
1970 Charger 580" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
1970 Cuda Convertible 500" 4-sp
TOO MUCH HORSEPOWER, IS ALMOST ENOUGH!