News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SEM RUST MORT

Started by Hudson Hornet !, January 23, 2009, 08:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hudson Hornet !

Hello, I just
picked up a couple panels that were treated with sem's rust-mort. I have never dealt with this product before, and I was wondering how to treat it. Do I clean it off before spraying, and what kind of prime should be used over it, etching or just a good epoxy? Thanks in advance for the info.
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

Silver R/T

Which panels are you talking about? Any pictures. It helps if you knew what's underneath of it. Otherwise you can scuff it well and prime with good quality epoxy primer.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Sublime/Sixpack

Hudson, it may help you to know that it only converts on rust, its not for use on painted or non-rusted sheet metal. 
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Hudson Hornet !

The quarter panels are new, and I only used the rust mort because of some light surface rust that was incuured from shipping. Otherwise they are 100% bare metal. I didn't know if I should just epoxy, or etch and then epoxy. I should have been more clear on my first post!
You've never heard of a Hudson hornet ? !

Charger-Bodie

Clean it off spotless, then shot it with Epoxy.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............