News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bent steering column?

Started by terrible one, February 05, 2009, 10:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Well I found out today that for some reason my steering column shaft is a little bent. It's really nothing crazy, but it was enough for me to notice. Will this mess something up? Don't know if it matters but I've got a Flaming River coupler going in. I don't mind running my shitty column for a while as long as it won't mess with my new stuff!

RD

matters on if you have a bearing at the bottom of the housing in which it runs through.  it may cause fitment issues.. but in most cases.. nope, wont hurt a thing.

you can straighten that puppy out yourself, just takes time and a good eye if it bugs you bad enough.

now, will it affect the flaming river piece?  I have no idea.. haven't seen or had a flaming river coupler.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

terrible one

I still have the old bearing and it fits into place/rides smooth still. I may try to mess with it but I'm wondering if it's more on the tip (engine end) and when I cut it to fit the FR coupler that might take some out of it?

Still wondering about it effecting the FR coupler, but I'm probably being paranoid. It's just a u-joint: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FLA-FR1506P&N=700+115&autoview=sku