News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

They don't make stuff like this anymore!

Started by FJMG, January 13, 2009, 10:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJMG

I was clearing brush last fall and I was using a hatchet to cut the smaller trees deeper into the soil when I felt the hatchet hit something metallic? This trim of some sort was buried about 3" deep in the mud under some small trees. I have no idea what it is from (tractor? car?) but was amazed at the condition and relatively minor damage from my axe impact! The first pic is how it looked after I pulled it from its grave, the second pic is after a couple of minutes of washing in the kit. sink. You can see the impact point in the middle of the trim.

1969chargerrtse

Hey that's off the rear window lower trim on the right side of a 63 Studabaker!  Just kidding.  Gotta be stainless, that stuff comes from Mars.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Charger_Fan

You should have dug deeper, I bet the rest of the car is down there too. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

WingCharger

We dug up a lot of weird stuff when we dug the hole to bury a old house.
House was like 75 years old and was going to kill someone, so our buddy who ran a excavating company dug a big hole with his excavator, then we used a bulldozer to push her into the hole, then we burned it, and covered it up. Works great. Can't even tell the house was there.

Lot of weird stuff... :eek2:

Sorry for the hijack. Probably stainless. :2thumbs: