News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture request - NON A/C heater box/firewall picture

Started by jb666, January 09, 2009, 06:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jb666

I'm putting a NON A/C heater box in my (once equipped) A/C '69 Charger.

Could someone please post a picture of the firewall showing the heater box sticking out? I want to see how much bigger the A/C hole is then the box that's on it's way.

Thanks  :cheers:

Just 6T9 CHGR

A non AC car wont have any box sticking out....just the 2 heater hose pipes...

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 09, 2009, 08:43:54 PM
A non AC car wont have any box sticking out....just the 2 heater hose pipes...

Thanks!! I was searching for some pics and that's what I've been finding.. I wanted to make sure it was right..

So the large round hole can be patched & blended..

I really appreciate it, thank you  :cheers: :cheers:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yes & you'll have to patch the hole for the heater water valve as well...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

jb666

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 09, 2009, 08:48:50 PM
Yes & you'll have to patch the hole for the heater water valve as well...

Even better. My firewall looks like swiss cheese and before the car leaves the shop it's at now I'd like him to take care of this stuff.. He's a genius with a welder..

This shot here was my driver's inner fender. BK Auto had put two BUTCHERED holes in my fenderwell where two battery terminals (marine) came through. They were 1/8" from each other and almost shorting each other out.. It's patched now completely smooth!!!!!!

Ignore the wires everywhere, there's a small project going on  ;D

In this old shot of my engine bay you can see where BK used Dynamat to plug the hole left behind by the heater box.

Back N Black

Here is a couple pics of mine.with the A/C holes filled.

firefighter3931

The heater hose location is different when comparing the A/C and non A/C boxes.....if you are going from one to the other you will need to modify the firewall with new heater hose openings.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

jb666

Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 10, 2009, 09:20:10 AM
The heater hose location is different when comparing the A/C and non A/C boxes.....if you are going from one to the other you will need to modify the firewall with new heater hose openings.  :yesnod:

Ron

Ron,That's more or less what I was wondering.. What will need to be changed? I'd like to see a shot side by side.. It'd be simple if there was a template out there somewhere..

firefighter3931

Quote from: jb666 on January 10, 2009, 09:22:29 AM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on January 10, 2009, 09:20:10 AM

Ron

Ron,That's more or less what I was wondering.. What will need to be changed? I'd like to see a shot side by side.. It'd be simple if there was a template out there somewhere..

I ended up replacing the passenger side of my firewall with a donor piece from a 67 Plymouth.  ;)

I'm pretty sure that the heater box mounting holes were also in a different location....it's been awhile.   :P

Maybe Back in Black can provide some better detail as his was converted from A/C to Non A/C  :scratchchin:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Back N Black

What i did was weld all the A/C holes and take measurements from a donor car. I cut a cardboard template and held it against the donor non A/C fire wall. A buddy jumped inside and i held the template while he marked the holes on the piece of cardboard. You have to start from scratch because all of the holes are different. Also, if you just want to use a measuring tape, there are lots of reference points on the firewall to measure from.