News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone use the CD Factory manuals?

Started by lookin@my68, February 15, 2007, 07:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettyfan43

YEah I have one for my 66. GREAT stuff, Nice because you don't have to lug around a 15 pound book to work on part of your car. BASICALLY they are just scanned in manuals and have everything that is in the books.

lookin@my68

Thanks pettyfan, I think I'll buy one now!

MichaelRW

Yes, they are great. I have one for my '70 Charger and they're quite convenient. Nice indexing, you can go to the section you want and then just print out those pages and take them to the garage with you.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Bobs69

can someone give me a link to get the 69 charger shop manual on cd from amazon.com???  I couldn't find it.......

Ghoste

You can get them from your Dodge dealer too.   It's a Mopar Performance part so they might have to (gasp!) look it up but it is likely cheaper from Amazon.

1969chargerrtse

I wasn't thrilled with it.  The most and best answers I got were from members on the site.  I used it a little, and now I don't even know where it is?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Ghoste on January 05, 2009, 04:29:53 AM
You can get them from your Dodge dealer too.   It's a Mopar Performance part so they might have to (gasp!) look it up but it is likely cheaper from Amazon.

I tried that with my local dealer - a 5 Star Service and a Performance dealer - and they referred me to Roseville. :p

They just about spun their heads off when I said, "Okay, I know them" when they tried to give me the contact details.
I guess they were surprised that I already knew something that they just discovered.

By the way, the ones that sell through MP are the Detroit Iron discs. I have an older version that uses the PaperPort viewer. The newer ones are in Adobe PDF format and are actually searchable - at least that's what they say. I'm thinking I might pick up a new version just for that feature alone.

Mopar2Ya

I prefer the book, you then have everything at your finger tips. I have the SM on paper & the parts manual on CD. I find them both very useful. A computer in the garage/work area would make CD's great.  :Twocents: Is there any other useful manuals besides the service & parts?

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8