News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

importing a car from canada to the us

Started by SFRT, January 09, 2009, 12:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

triple_green

I did it three years ago. They have a document which is like the title. Get a bill of sale. Youdo have to go thru customs and get the vehicle inspected. They want to know all of the places on the body where the VIN is stamped or shown (US customs). You can pay someone to do this for about $250 I think.

A few extra steps. But do-able.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

472 R/T SE

When I went up to Abbotsford, B.C. to buy my Bee the dude at the gate mentioned he remembered seeing the car come up through there a couple months prior and said it looked good.  I just agreed with him, I didn't know better.  He said have a nice day and off I went. 

I didn't know I was suppose to check it in w/ customs as buying it up there.  I had to set up an appointment at the Port down in Portland and have it gone over telling them/showing bill of sale.

Other than that, it was a piece of cake.