News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fuel sending unit

Started by 69chargerR/T, December 26, 2008, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerR/T

I have a 69 charger with a 440 I need a new fuel sending unit, the one in the car now is a 5/16. I want to get a 3/8 sending unit and change the fuel line to 3/8, do I have to run a return line for the 3/8 sending unit ? Can I plug the return line nipple on the 3/8 sending unit and just run a 3/8 line to the fuel pump and run it like that ? Thats the way the 5/16 set up is.   Alan

firefighter3931

Quote from: 69chargerR/T on December 26, 2008, 10:13:40 PM
Can I plug the return line nipple on the 3/8 sending unit and just run a 3/8 line to the fuel pump and run it like that ? Thats the way the 5/16 set up is.   Alan

Sure thing Alan....that is how mine is set up....return fitting is plugged off.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69chargerR/T

Thanks Ron, I thought I could do that, just wanted to make sure :2thumbs:  Alan

Sublime/Sixpack

I'll just add that if you're having any vapor lock issues at all with the single line, I'd run a fuel vapor separator and a return line.   :Twocents:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

69chargerR/T

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on December 27, 2008, 11:23:58 AM
I'll just add that if you're having any vapor lock issues at all with the single line, I'd run a fuel vapor separator and a return line.   :Twocents:

I have never had any vapor lock problems. I'm going to plug the return and run a new 3/8 fuel line :2thumbs: Thanks for the info Sublime/Sixpack, Alan