News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Think you've seen it all? Ever see a Charger mini bike?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, January 05, 2009, 08:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Back in the 90's I was a Mr Mom, one of the first at the time.  :baby:  After having a life of Muscle cars for decades, I found myself without one.  :'(  What I did was become obsessed with Mini bikes Choppers, trikes , quads, go carts, floating 6 wheelers, snow mobiles, even a hover craft.  If it was small and had an engine, I had one.  I even had 32 mini bikes at one time.  I was real big into Rupps.  I had a 18ft Rupp Trike towing a 5 hp Rupp rat mini 3 wheeler.  Mr Rupp himself actually signed some pictures I had of it.  Cool times.  One cool mini bike was called a " Charger ".  It was a car battery powered mini bike.  I bought it on the net and it was from the 70's but actually brand new still in it's original wood box.  I really wish I had it today.  Here are some pictures I took of it, but my scanner is broken so I had to take a picture of the picture with my camera.  At the time I even wrote Jay Leno and asked him if he would be interested in it?  He never responded.  I think I paid and resold it for 1,000.00   That was one cool bike. Charger!
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69_500

Can't say I've ever seen one of those. However I have seen a chrysler made snow mobile that is based on a mini bike frame. Has a single ski in the front. Very neat looking I"ll see if I have any pictures of one, if not I'll get some of a few of them the next time I'm at my buddy's house.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on January 05, 2009, 08:19:09 PM
Can't say I've ever seen one of those. However I have seen a chrysler made snow mobile that is based on a mini bike frame. Has a single ski in the front. Very neat looking I"ll see if I have any pictures of one, if not I'll get some of a few of them the next time I'm at my buddy's house.
Oh I'm sorry , I had one of those also.  I got it on ebay, that thing was a blast!  I think it was called a Snowrunner.
Here's before and after of the Rupp Centaur Trike.  I was so much a perfectionist I even had a mold made of the two bodies and produced my own, thicker and shinier than original.  The trikes were sold to some big wig in CA, and I sold the trike molds to a bike shop out west via ebay.  Those were the days, I miss that stuff.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

greatwn73

1969chargerrtse