News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger front seats?

Started by lexxman, March 23, 2009, 04:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lexxman

Hey guys I was wondering did all chargers have headrests in 69.My car has two different seats,I was told the one with out the headrest was original. :shruggy:

Ghoste

Headrests were optional until January of 1969 and then it became a federally legislated safety item. 

lexxman

So if I'm right my car was built in april of 68.then it may or may not have had head rests.

Rolling_Thunder

correct...    unless the original owner specified that option it would not have them.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Ghoste

lexxman

Ghoste

Then it shouldn't have a build date of April 68, you meant April 69 correct?  And if ti's April 69 then both seats should have headrests as mandatory equipment.

moparjohn

Don't forget, before they were mandatory, you could order just 1 w/ headresrt the other without (not kidding)
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Ghoste

Was that available on 2nd gens, I thought the single headrest availability ended after the 1967 model year?

lexxman

That's what the fender tag decoder said April 10/68,but the decoder could be wrong.the date is A04.Lord only know what was changed over the years

Ghoste

I believe that would be October 4, 1968 which would make your car an earlier built one.

lexxman

oh,that make more sense.I've gotten use to write the date d/m/y,because of work.Lights are on ,but know one's home. :lol:

Ghoste

Which apparently could mean that your car is correct exactly as it is.

lexxman

Ya,wouldn't be nice if people kept a log bookwith the car.By the way do you know a way to get rid of mustie,barn smell out of the dash pads?My wife tells me just to put them out in the sun and air them out.Witch I'll do when we have some warm weather .