News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TAIL LIGHTS NOT WORKING

Started by 69charger440, December 05, 2008, 05:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger440

Hello guys and gals!!!!! I am having problems with my tail lights. When I turn the headlight switch into on position my tail lights DONT light up!!! :brickwall: So I thought it might be the headlight switch. I found two more switches, and they are doing the exact same thing. Please help, this is starting to be a headache. I just want to get this darn thing on the road!!!! And to the muffler shop!!!! :2thumbs:  Thanks.
1969 Charger 540 Blown Hemi 1000HP, 69 Road Runner 500 Stroker 665 HP

69charger440

By the way it is in my 69 Charger!!!!

lisiecki1

stupid question, but have you checked the bulbs and fuses?
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

69charger440

Yea I replaced all the bulbs.  I know they work.  I took power from the headlight switch and applied it to the on position for running light and my tail lights come on.

y3chargerrt

Do any of the lights come on when you hit the breaks or turn signals?

69charger440

Alright I have an UPDATE

The tail lights work NOW!!!! I moved so fuses around and they work now :2thumbs: But none of my turn signals work. They worked yesterday. My little flasher is constantly making the clicking noise. And when I turn on the hazzards lights only my passenger side light is blinking!!! I hope this is an easy one. I have my wife bringing new fuses right now!! I am going to replace every fuse with the correct amps and see if that fixes anything. Any help would be great!!!

69charger440

Well, my turn signals don't work. The flashers work only in the front on the car!  :brickwall: The flasher relay shorted out and burnt the two wires that come off the relay. It smoked pretty bad! I turned off the car and unhooked the battery!!! So now I need help to get them working.

b5blue

Do you have a "factory" service book?The wiring diagrams helped me find my problems.If you can follow the problem lines in and out of the switches and feeds.Allot of my stuff was crappy connections from age. your brake and blinker go in the column but my 70 has flasher up there too and you have a switch on the dash so I can,t see on my schematic what you have exactly,there is a connector to the rear lights under the kick panel by the emergency brake that drove me nuts till I fixed it.That feeds dome, gas gauge,and all rear lights.I now use "DeoxIT,D100L" from Techni-Tool on anything I take apart, it will remove light corrosion and really lubes the reconnecting of all those pins.My flasher pins grounded on the dash frame and blew the fuse also.I hope this helps,post whats wrong I'll check back!

mopar0166

not too sure of your exact problem but i would check the ground for the lights followed by the bulbs fuses and wiring bak to the dash.   the the trunk is holding moisture  and the wire has an exposed area it could cause a short or nonoperation

those are things that i have run into more then just the switch. 

good luck :cheers:

472 R/T SE

I've had to replace the turn signal switch in both of my cars.

wetfeetmi

New turn signal switch solved all my turn/hazzard problems. $50 on e-bay.