News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Hood Question...

Started by Lighthorseman, April 25, 2012, 08:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthorseman

Just wondering - is $500.00 USD a reasonable price to pay for a steel Superbird hood?  I'm assuming that it would be, especially if it's in nice condition.

Then, of course, there's the likely $500.00 to get it shipped to where I live...  I ask because it looks like I might be close to the same cost once a fibreglass hood arrived at my door, so maybe I should suck it up and go for the steel?

I'd appreciate any input and ideas...

Thanks!
- Steve -

Nwcharger

I think 500 for a real Superbird hood is a good deal to me. As long as its not folded in half.  :Twocents:
1969 coronet wagon

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

moparstuart

5000.00 for a real superbird hood in good shape is a great deal  let alone a little 500.00
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

billssuperbird

odcics2

Hell, I don't even own a Bird and I'd buy it for that price AND the $500. shipping!
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Hemi_tyme

This shouldn't be a Superbird Hood buy Question....It should be a...... look what I Stole.... A superbird hood for $500 :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Indygenerallee

What is a Superbird hood composed of anyway?? 70 Coronet??

pettybird

Indygenerallee

moparstuart

:popcrn: coronet hood  an extension and lots of modifacations

DonC1

FJ5WING

buy it for the $500 and Ill give you $3000.00 for it. ;)
wingless now, but still around.

superbirdtom

wow id better start making them out of the 7 coronet hoods i have

nascarxx29

I got a few really clean 70 coronet flat hoods stashed away.Can you buy just the hood extension in metal.
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

superbirdtom

yes you can from wingcarfab.com    jack mccaughey     makes them out of steel  two pieces , and I know  a tricky way to install them without taking apart the whole hood and destroying the spotwelds on the side of the hood.     I supose you could drill out the side spotwelds and then respotweld right next to the originals.  a friend posted somewhere on here  of me building one with a fiberglass piece.  But the same method could be done with the steel piece too.

moparstuart

Quote from: superbirdtom on April 26, 2012, 10:01:17 AM
yes you can from wingcarfab.com    jack mccaughey     makes them out of steel  two pieces , and I know  a tricky way to install them without taking apart the whole hood and destroying the spotwelds on the side of the hood.     I supose you could drill out the side spotwelds and then respotweld right next to the originals.  a friend posted somewhere on here  of me building one with a fiberglass piece.  But the same method could be done with the steel piece too.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,51140.0.html

moparstuart

Lighthorseman

Well, I told the guy I'd take it.  I thought it was a good deal, and you guys cinched it.  I'll post pictures soon.

Thanks!   :2thumbs: