News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DAYTONA JACK STUD LOCATION ??

Started by daytonalo, November 22, 2008, 11:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daytonalo

I hate to beat a dead horse , but so much has been written and so many opinions . I need measurements and is the bolt just simply fastened to floor with a simple nut ? Thanks in advance .

Larry

moparstuart

I would be interested also I have my jack, handle and hold down from( pete wingnut)  but no stud or location on the floor pan yet
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

personally I don't think there was a set place for the nut. As I have seen them in several locations. I know that on some cars it was so far out of place that you couldn't hold the jack down with it.

Look in the thread about Gene's car, there are a few pictures of a tape measure next to the stud.

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 69_500 on November 22, 2008, 01:24:51 PM

Look in the thread about Gene's car, there are a few pictures of a tape measure next to the stud.

I drilled my hole according to the measurments on Geno's car.

It ain't right  :'(

Oh well...What's one more hole to weld up, right? :eek2:

Also, the bracket for the bumper jack needs to be relocated on the trunk floor.

The post of the jack will hit the wing braces and it won't fit into the bracket.

The originals were bent inward for clearance, but I found it works better if you just cut it off, move it over and re-weld.

Larry, I'd say get both your jacks, and their handles in place and drill your hole to fit. also move your bracket accordingly.

daytonalo

I could do do that but I do not have a hold-down bracket and I need to take care of this issue today because my car is going to surfacer next weekend . We have a few days to spend on it because the 64 GTO conv is ready for paint and is going to the booth next weekend . I understand  that there were variables on stud location . but I need something close to work with .

Larry

nascarxx29

Dont recall the measurement placement .But you might get a rough idea where by eyeing it up

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

BigBlockSam

Dude's . i did mine according to these measurements . didn't have to move the jack bracket . it all fits fine . I'm converting the jack now . so it looks more correct.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,47997.0.html

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

notabird

my bumper jack hits the wing braces on our Daytona and it is in the original place as far as I know. Brent

hemigeno

Quote from: daytonalo on November 22, 2008, 11:54:22 AM
is the bolt just simply fastened to floor with a simple nut ? Thanks in advance .

Larry

The bolt is pretty much standard-fare material.  Here are a couple pictures of my original bolt from the top and bottom sides.  There is a washer on both sides, and the upper washer/nut goes on top of the trunk mat.

Incidentally, Pete Veight (DC.com member "Wingnut426") has spot-on reproductions of the jack hold-down plate last time I checked.

moparstuart

Quote from: hemigeno on November 25, 2008, 03:12:00 PM
Quote from: daytonalo on November 22, 2008, 11:54:22 AM
is the bolt just simply fastened to floor with a simple nut ? Thanks in advance .

Larry

The bolt is pretty much standard-fare material.  Here are a couple pictures of my original bolt from the top and bottom sides.  There is a washer on both sides, and the upper washer/nut goes on top of the trunk mat.

Incidentally, Pete Veight (DC.com member "Wingnut426") has spot-on reproductions of the jack hold-down plate last time I checked.
yes pete does , I got my daytona , jack ,hold down plate , crank handle, and wing nuts
I got the same set up for my superbird from him also, of course the hold down plates are different , but they are both spot on.  (sorry dont have a picture of my daytona set up right now)

I have now found several different real superbirds with the stud in different places , so maybe it was different local different days or just get it close  ?   

moparstuart

i correct the direction of the jack crank handle in the birdible . Here is my daytona clone jack set up I got from pete. New handle hold down and wing nut .

moparstuart

:popcrn:

daytonalo

Could you please give me the demensions of that jack hold down , width x length  x thickness . Thank you

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on November 30, 2008, 01:06:31 AM
Could you please give me the demensions of that jack hold down , width x length  x thickness . Thank you
I could but then i would have to kill you

daytonalo

I know you wont do it , anybody else ?

moparstuart

Daytona R/T SE

Stuart. Please send me the Dimensions of that Daytona jack hold-down.  I promise I won't tell Larry ;) :smilielol:

BigBlockSam

QuoteI know you wont do it , anybody else ?

in your face  :nana:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Wingnut426

I'll send you the dimensions,for $55! LOL!
Why don't you guys buy one????  Wingnut
HEMI Daytona Convertible

moparstuart

I did pete  LOL   chris you can have the measurments any time !!! I am usually a nice guy but  larry was the hardest person I have ever dealt with buying parts . I will pay twice the price anywhere else just not to have to deal with him .

daytonalo

Your pissed because I had a special price on a group buy , you bought a setof A-pillar trim  and then came back after it was through and you wanted the same price , that is the truth ! I have helped many people here with parts and tips , you know what I will NEVER post tips of any kind again . Now go drive that BUTT ugly green mess  and stop off @ CVS and buy some tissues !! I stand behind my products and always offer free advice to anyone who calls me , Never had a single complaint , but anyone in Business knows there are always crybaby cust out there .

moparstuart

Quote from: daytonalo on November 30, 2008, 02:06:21 PM
Your pissed because I had a special price on a group buy , you bought a set and then came back after it was through and you wanted the same price , that is the truth ! I have helped many people here with parts and tips , you know what I will NEVER post tips of any kind again . Now go drive that BUTT ugly Machine and stop off @ CVS and buy some tissues !! I stand behind my products and always offer free advice to anyone who calls me , Never had a single complaint , but anyone in Business knows there are always crytatement you have been the hardest I have ever dealt with baby cust out there .
NICE , thanks i think i will   

pettybird

69_500

I think he meant to say that he hasn't ever had a complaint other than that one time. You remember, just that one time.

Every business has complaints. Its part of business. If people aren't complaining about at least 1 thing, then your obviously not selling anything.

hemigeno

That's enough from Larry's "customer service" department...