News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dodge mega cab question.

Started by mally69, November 26, 2008, 01:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

Im looking into buying a used dodge mega cab. I am looking for one that has a 5.9 or 6.7 diesel. Did they make very many mega cab diesels with a 6 speed manual or are those kinda hard to find.??

PocketThunder

Quote from: mally69 on November 26, 2008, 01:10:49 PM
Im looking into buying a used dodge mega cab. I am looking for one that has a 5.9 or 6.7 diesel. Did they make very many mega cab diesels with a 6 speed manual or are those kinda hard to find.??

I watch cummins prices once in awhile and it seems like any 6-speed is hard to find. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mally69

Did they make any mega cabs with a 5 speed manual or were they all 6 speed manuals.?

hemigeno

Quote from: mally69 on November 26, 2008, 02:01:07 PM
Did they make any mega cabs with a 5 speed manual or were they all 6 speed manuals.?

I think by the time the MegaCab came out, all the HD engines (Hemi/5.9CTD/6.7CTD) with manual transmission trucks had 6-speeds only.  That's based on when I was looking at these rigs back in 2007, so things could have changed after that.  In 2007 you could get a (half-ton) 1500 MC with a Hemi/automatic only, everything bigger/heavier could come with a manual or automatic - but the manuals were all 6-speeds.

:cheers:

RallyeMike

Before you buy a 6.7, check out the diesel forums. The manual is avail in the Mega, but production of manuals is very low these days, so your selection will be limited.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

mally69

thanks guys, I just wasn't sure .  :2thumbs:

pettyfan43

I never figured out how they determined 1500/2500 on those, Even the 1500 has the big 8 lug wheels and the higher, heavier suspension. I don't think I've seen more than a handful that DIDN'T have a Diesel in them.

mally69

Id love to find one with a manual transmission with a diesel bolted to the front.  :coolgleamA: