News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Decisions Decisions..

Started by ChargerRT440, October 27, 2005, 10:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRT440

I've found out since I'm under the age of 18 that when income tax time comes around I get all the money te governments taken from me back so it's an est. 500-600 dollars. So I've narrowed the decision down to one of two things. I can focus the money on the drivetrain(rebuild the rear axle) or do some body work(buying new fiberglass fenders) what do you guys think?

Brock Samson

Charger_Fan

If you're still driving this car, I'd go with drivetrain too...get your mechanical stuff working well first.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Recharger

nh_mopar_fan

I think you're getting it back because you most likely didn't make enough to have to pay rather than your age...

I'd go with drivetrain as well.

41husk

The drive train with out a doubt :yesnod:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Tom_440

I'd rather "go" than "show", so drivetrain!

cudaken

Drive train, I don't like glass fenders anyway.

Cuda Ken
I am back

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Pistolpete

'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Afflyer

Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

ChgrSteve67

It doesn't matter how good the car looks if its sitting on the side of the road waiting for the tow truck.

Safety is always first.
Performance is second.
Tunes are third.
Looks are fourth
Comfort is last.

Spend you money on the Drivetrain!

ChargerRT440

lol :2thumbs: ok gotta hop into that drivetrian once I get the money. What do you guys think would be the best gears for a 8 3/4 with a 318 producing around 250-300 ponies be for a nice sunday driver that when you stomp on it the gears get up and go?

'CUDA360

What transmission are you running?

bull

Drivetrain. $600 isn't going to get you very far in the world of bodywork.

Ghoste

andy74

if your running an auto ,get 3.55s and a higher stall convertor,that will wake it up

OldGuy

It depends on the size of your rear rims and tires.   If you want to go big and fast out of the hole but run at about 2800-3000 rpm's on the highway - go with 3:55's.   If you want to do some highway driving and still have a bit of get up and go - use 3.23's.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

ChargerRT440

well lets see I have 14x6 ralleye(sp?) wheels and I'm thinking of going with a tire around 25 inches tall, the transmission will be an auto. Does that help any? thanks for the suggestions

6670charger

After doing two cars and working on the appearance first, I say definitely work on the drive train first.  Get it running the way you want it before you worry about what it looks like.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

OldGuy

Personally, if you are going to stay with the 14" rims with the auto, I would go with 3.23 gears.  using 14" rims with an auto tranny and 3:55's your rpm's would be running way over 3000 at highway speed.  Even if you stepped up to 15" rims and taller rear tires you would still be in the 2800-3000 rpm range at highway speed using 3:55's.  I think Cuda Ken had a chart at one time on the old site that laid out rim/tire size and rpm's at various speeds.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection