News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 Charger SE Brougham Interior? Whats it look like

Started by MNMopar, September 25, 2008, 03:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNMopar

And how hard is it going to be for me to find sail panels and rear upper panels to be correct?

BROCK

Last I heard only used & NOS Brougham panels are available.  They are coveted by many here on this site. 
Panel restoration is by far the best solution - but no-one has paved that way yet.  If a send em to ....has
been posted I didn't hear it. 

I prefer the regular panels myself, but until I can restore my Broughams.........

Here is a good place to find pics:
http://wichargerguy.proboards101.com/index.cgi?board=interiour

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

KillerBee1972

In my 1972 se i have buckets now but originally had bench seat and they had cloth inserts in the middle of the seats front and back!! but for the sail panels you would have to look for used ones on either ebay or find some NOS ones!! I only have regular charger sail panels that are out of a 72 charger with the bigger quarter windows!!
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

tatrick2me

;) There are two pair on ebay right now! On the other hand they are very easy to make from masonite. For my 73 I made a card board template
and marked the clip locations one it. Then I wet my sheet of masonite and laid it on saw horses. With my template laying on it I put wait on it untill it bowed to matche the bow in my template and let it dry 48 hours. After I cvut my panels out of it I used contact cement and leather to cover them and dyed them to matche my car. Next I located and marked for my clips from my tempate. I used JB quick to put the clips on the masonite.
That was ten years ago and they still look good.
Bone 7

MNMopar

I still don't know what they even look like, could you post a picture of yours?

71_Charger_R/T

Here's what a non- SE Looks like ...

And the 72 SE's look like...

And the 73-4's that you could probably make out of masonite are like...

I don't think they used the same sail panel from '72 to 73. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this is correct.

Nacho-RT74

everything is correct will add some more info:

-first one is ALL 71s and non SEs 72s

-last one is thr right one to 73/74 hardtops and coupes, but SEs used a cardboard with cloth.

Sail panel has nothing to do with Brougham interior itself. Makes no diff
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

tatrick2me

The panel in the 73,74 Se's with slates on the windows is the same. The 73,74 SE's with horseshoe role down windows are different. I found a pair of NOS  72 SE's on ebay that I put in my 73 SE slate window car.
Bone 7

BROCK

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world