News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fan Belt/Pulley Arrangement 69 Chgr RT 440

Started by Chatt69chgr, October 28, 2008, 08:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

I'am building a clone 69 440 RT Chgr and started with a 318 car so I don't have anything to go by as far as the v-belt and pulley arrangements are concerned. 

I've studied the pictures here:
http://www.hoffmanswinnerscircle.com/69rtconvertible/Engine_Related_Photos.htm

It appears that the crank pulley has 4 grooves.  The rear two grooves in the crank pulley drive the double groove alternator pulley and the double groove Air Cond pulley.  The third groove out on the crank pulley appears to drive the power steering pulley and nothing else. The front groove on the crank appears to drive the water pump/fan assembly via a idler pulley. Is this the correct arrangement for a 69 440 R/T in a Charger equipped with factory air cond and power steering?

I've sourced the following parts:  aluminum WP and housing from 440 Source; alt brackets and all the pulleys including idler pulley and bracket from a 69 C-body (with 440); bracket kit for early model Saginaw PS pump from Bouchillon; and plan to order bracket kit from Bouchillon for Sanden SD508 AC Compressor.

Additional Info-----I just got off the phone with Bouchillon Performance who told me that I can dispense with the idler pulley by running their #4016 double groove water pump pulley and running the v-belt from the crank pulley to the power steering pump pulley and around the new water pump pulley.  Eliminates one belt and cleans up the area between the water pump housing and the alternator.