News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

leaf spring question

Started by chargerkid01, October 31, 2008, 10:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerkid01

Hey is there a half leaf spring on the bottom of the springs?? It would be the smallest spring or are each of them on both sides broke??? If so where can I get just that little spring?? Hany one have 2 of them free or extremely cheap???

Ghoste

chargerkid01

If I got the part number off the leaf is there anyway you could tell me if it is a half leaf?? Or hell call me on my cell 1-740-275-1111 I would be very thnkful and it would save me a bunch of money!!!

The70RT

Quote from: chargerkid01 on November 01, 2008, 04:12:24 PM
If I got the part number off the leaf is there anyway you could tell me if it is a half leaf?? Or hell call me on my cell 1-740-275-1111 I would be very thnkful and it would save me a bunch of money!!!

You should be okay. One side has the bottom two leafs only halfs.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargerkid01

both sides have those half springs!! the part number reads as follows from the rounded end to past the bolt holes:
rounded edge
penastar
centerbolt hole
311  8
tell me what this means!!!

Ghoste

It is normal for it to have half leaves on each side.  Depending on the engine and suspension package, the number of leaves could vary but if you have a 318 car for example, there should be 4 1/2 leaves on each side.