News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71-72 Chargers, Awesome news. AMD has rear quarter panels for us

Started by ACUDANUT, January 13, 2009, 10:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

MCG has even rated their products as 2008 Mopar Business of the year.  :cheers:
It's still odd that Goodmark has yet to come through  :scratchchin:
Anyone here bought a set ??

ACUDANUT

I can't believe this has not been talked about before ??  I hear this is 2 month old news elsewhere. :shruggy:

Troy

Can you pick up the phone and order the 3rd gen quarters? The 68-70 quarters were just released and I don't think the later versions will be out for several months (at least). I'm not even sure they are test fitting them yet.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ACUDANUT

Troy, good question.  However they do have a nice picture of them in my MCG  :yesnod:.  You would think they would have a stamp "coming soon" on top the advertised 71-72 Chargers if they did not have them in stock. :shruggy:

Troy

Nope, their site just lists everything they are planning to make. I talk to dealers to figure out what's actually available for purchase. They add new stuff all the time though so it's hard to keep up on everything. It's best to keep checking. We used to get regular updates from Jeremy but haven't gotten any in a while.

Troy

71_Charger_R/T

I called about a week ago and they said possibly around May. No they haven't even test fit any yet...... The price I was given (and he said this is only an estimate) was $749.00 per side. At least there is hope in the near future for us 3rd genners  :2thumbs:

71charger_fan

$750 per side isn't bad. I found an NOS quarter 20 years ago and they wanted $1800 then.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Troy on January 13, 2009, 11:16:06 PM
Nope, their site just lists everything they are planning to make. I talk to dealers to figure out what's actually available for purchase. They add new stuff all the time though so it's hard to keep up on everything. It's best to keep checking. We used to get regular updates from Jeremy but haven't gotten any in a while.

Troy

Having a 2 page add in MCG for things they "might someday be available" is just WRONG. :brickwall:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 14, 2009, 03:02:59 PM
Quote from: Troy on January 13, 2009, 11:16:06 PM

Troy

Having a 2 page add in MCG for things they "might someday be available" is just WRONG. :brickwall:
I think I will change their name for them...AMD= AUTO METAL INDIRECT DREAMERS

Hemidoug

71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Bandit72

Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Troy

Hey don't shoot the messenger. There have been discussions on this in the past. If a company advertises what they have coming everyone complains about availability. If a company commits to making something but waits until they have it in hand before advertising it everyone complains because they didn't know. It sometimes also helps to advertise in advance so other companies aren't making exactly the same parts AND so people can budget their money or better plan their restorations.

Troy