News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Today's just NOT going to be any fun....

Started by pettyfan43, October 11, 2008, 07:39:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettyfan43

I am leaving shortly to be a pall bearer for one of my best friends.  He passed away Thursday at about 3:30 Am due to heart complications. He was only 54 years old.

He was a groomsman in my wedding in 2000 and this passed year when my ex divorced me, he was the one person who kept me from losing my mind.

http://www.legacy.com/cullmantimes/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=118636967

This was the kind of guy that would give you anything and never expect anything in return.  I have never been a "chat on the phone" kinda guy.  I could call Dan to check in with him and be on the phone for 4 hours and never realize it. Just chatting about nothing.

I met him as a model builder back in the early 90s at a model car show.  And before long, every time I showed up at a show anywhere around this area, he would have a
bag of "Chris' oddball mopar junk" and there might be car bodies, sometimes entire kits sometimes a plastic baggie with stuffed crammed in it and sometimes a cool hot wheels car.

He was just that way.

:'(

hemi68charger

Take care buddy and know your friend is in a better place... The day will come with memories, all good............

Bless you and your Buddy along with is family.............   :engel016:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

mikepmcs

Sorry to hear this.  Remember the good times and celebrate his life.
My thoughts to his family and yours.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bull

Sorry man. I know exactly how you feel. I just buried an awesome friend last weekend who died at 54 after a long fight with cancer.

Blown70

Mike DC

Tough break man, I'm sorry. 

54 is barely middle aged these days.  We just never expect it so early.   

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pettyfan43

Thank you guys, it was tough, but at the same time, you had to know Dan. I've never been to a funeral with a live band. A little trio from this area called "3 on a string"

And NEVER EVER to one that when you walked in, Jimmy Buffet was coming out of the speakers in the chapel! That was so appropriate for the guy! And no doubt in my mind that he was watching over us, wearing those monkey suits instead of t-shirts, shorts, and a panama Jack hat!

The pastor knew Dan as well as any of us, he was a friend of the family, he told stories that had us laughing as much as mourning.

It really was a nice service.  Thanks again you guys, ya'll are great!

Chris

Steve P.

Very sorry for your loss Chris. Your buddy sounds like a great guy...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

NYCMille

Just saw this... I'm sorry man. Call me if you just want to talk...  :-\

skip68

We're very sorry for your loss!  :yesnod: Good friends are hard to come by nowadays!  :yesnod: You were definitely blessed with that friendship!  :angel: You're Charger family is here for you at ALL times. :2thumbs:
Mr. & Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

nh_mopar_fan