News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Brakes and frontend kits need painting???

Started by joww3, October 27, 2005, 05:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joww3

Just got the power front disc brake conversion kit from Master Power Brakes and the Polygrahite Super front end kit from PST, they are sitting in the living room, can someone give me some suggestions on should I paint all the pieces to avoid getting rust? and what color should I paint them? were they originally black from the factory? As for the kits, they look pretty nice and looks well built, I am still waiting on my 71 Charger to come home from the shop with body works and new paint job (Hemi orange), this will give me some time to paint the pieces.

Thanks

Charger4404spd

Let us know how the brake kit comes along. I am considering that kit.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

41husk

My kit from SSB came painted.  every thing shhould be painted except the rotors. Don't paint those.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

joww3

I'll look closer today, they looked kind a like rough up metal with a little graylish tint. I though it wasn't painted, I'll double check today.

joww3

I took a closer look again, the brake kit is black but it doesn't look like regular paint, it looks like some kind of coating, and the frontend kit is silverlish gray, same there doesn't look like paint. I'm thinking about buying some semi or satin black engine paint and paint very thing, though about powder coating, but I think it will cost too much for all these pieces.

Silver R/T

I think those parts have been treated already with paint, possibly powdercoated
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722