News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

which cable length for hoodpins 69 charger ?

Started by SFRT, September 20, 2008, 10:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

In her infiite wisdom my fiance has requested hoodpins, and who am I to argue with her? :2thumbs:

which length is the correct kit to get for a Charger, and is there any online info for correct install points?

thanks

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Just 6T9 CHGR

Defiantly a tough question to answer.  Out of the almost 1800 Chargers I have registered in the 69 Registry, only 6 were actually coded with the J45 Hood Pip option.
To this day I only have pics of the outside of the hood with the pins & no under hood shots of the "real" location of the pins.
See this thread for some pics....

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48048.0.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

SFRT

thanks...so on the inside rear of the 'ear' flange or whatever. replace that bolt...with the pin. seems to make sense. 2 layers of sheetmetal there, right? plenty of strength.

thanks!
Always Drive Responsibly

Just 6T9 CHGR

Not 100% positive thats the way it should be......it does make sense though...you'd have to make the second layer of sheet metal
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

SFRT

think I will fab up a set of the 'plates' and do it that way. what the heck.
Always Drive Responsibly

Brock Samson