News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Actor Paul Newman dies

Started by TruckDriver, September 27, 2008, 09:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Legendary actor Paul Newman dies at age 83. I always loved the movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid". RIP Paul :'(

WESTPORT, Conn. - Paul Newman, the Academy-Award winning superstar who personified cool as an activist, race car driver, popcorn impresario and the anti-hero of such films as "Hud," "Cool Hand Luke" and "The Color of Money," has died. He was 83.

Newman died Friday after a long battle with cancer at his farmhouse near Westport, publicist Jeff Sanderson said. He was surrounded by his family and close friends.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080927/ap_on_en_mo/obit_newman
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

Wow, I didn't even know he was ailing. Great actor and a great driver too. :-\

69_500

Really,

I would have not guessed that he would be the next actor to pass. I knew he was up in age, but even the last few times I saw him on TV he was looking pretty good for his age.

Charger_Fan

I heard some blurb on the news about a couple months ago, about him leaving the hospital after chemo. That's the first I heard of him ailing.
We've lost one of the very best, folks. :'( The man had class, and besides, he liked to race fast cars! :icon_smile_cool:

RIP, Paul. :angel:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Ponch ®

Another of the last manly men gone...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Blown70

chargerboy69

The man was a great actor. He has been sick for years. I read that he left the hospital a month ago to go home to die. My wife buys the grocery store rags every week and they sit in the rack next to the shiter. Hey, I have to have something to read in there.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Old Moparz

I had liked just about any movie he was in, sorry to see him gone too.

One movie he did locally across the river from me, was one of my favorites, "Nobody's Fool" with Melanie Griffith, Jessica Tandy, & Bruce Willis.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobody's_Fool_(1994_film)
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

bull

Guess there won't be a "Cars 2" unless they leave Doc out.

General_01

Now him and Steve McQueen can race each other. :icon_smile_big:

I always liked his movies. Sorry to see him go. RIP Paul.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

41husk

RIP  "What we have here, is a failure to communicate"
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nh_mopar_fan

The Verdict and Absence of Malice.

Two classic that on my all-time favorites list.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

skip68

I also liked him in "Message in a Bottle", he co-starred with Kevin Costner & Robin Wright Penn. Watched that movie today in honor!  :2thumbs: Great flick! :yesnod:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Big Lebowski

Shaking the bush boss, still shaking the bush boss. :angel:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

451-74Charger

It's always darkest before it turns absolutely pitch black. - Paul Newman - 01/26/1925 - 09/26/2008

He will be greatly missed.

pettyfan43

Somewhere in Heaven there is a Big Racetrack and a red, white and blue racecar has been making laps now for a couple days!!!!

Ya have to admire the guy that for being such a  huge star, never cared for the limelight!

He had done a lot of voice work for the sequel to cars. You have to wonder if they got his part done, just in case.

Cars wouldn't be cars without Doc.