News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Web Site Charger Build

Started by Fizzy, March 26, 2009, 09:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fizzy

Alot of us old guys cut our teeth working on cars when they were just used cars. Remember some of the attrocious crap we did in the 70's. But that is how we learned. How are these young guys supposed to learn what we know when they have the possability of butchin a 5-10 G car. I think it would be cool to help one of these young guys build his charger start to finish on this site. Maybe we could have them kind of write an essay and show pics of the car so the mods could pick the build, maybe have somebody vouch that they would stay with the build so it doesn't die out, and they have access to enough shop room and equipment to make it happen, and access to enough money to buy parts. Also, some assurance that they aren't going to flip the car when it is done. I have taught several people body work well enough to build a cruise in show car, I think it could be done here. I know some of you guys lurking out there are the "Great Ones". and we all could learn something.

WingCharger

Anybody got a Charger they would like to sell cheap? :D
It does sound like a good idea though. :yesnod:

jaak

If this site ever done something like this, I would put in a vote to do Cody's car. He seems like a good kid that would deserve something like that.

Jason

ugly2u

I have a 69 Charger SE, r/t clone 440, 727, 8 3/4 that I will start building within a week or so; I would be happy to photograph the progress and provide some commentary. I am open to guidance and suggestions.

The story is: the previous owner stripped it down about 3-5 years ago. All of the body work has been done on a rotisserie and new paint applied. The other parts are labeled in boxes; some parts are new, some are cleaned up, and some need work. For health reasons, he did not touch this car for the past 2+ years. I found the project while looking for parts for my 72 Blazer on Craig's list- also restored.

I have not been in a charger since I was a tot in my dads car (standing on the back seat, with no car seat, while he flew down the highway  :icon_smile_big:). I don't really remember how it should look. This car has always been a favorite of mine and my dad's; I am building it for him, as much as for me. I hope to get my kids to help me with some of the build; maybe they will turn out to love cars too...

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

chargerkid01

I'm 20 but still a kid at heart wanna do my car??? :angel: