News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another whats it worth post.

Started by Khyron, May 29, 2010, 02:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Starting to get a bit agrivated so im thinking about selling the Charger. Still up in the air about it but it's always good to know..

1969 Dodge charger DMCL clone
Published June 08 Mopar Action Mag
Signed by Peter Fonda <Pics to prove it>

440 cleaned .030 over magnafluxed and 0 decked
Eagle forged Crank
Scat H beam rods
ARP Bolts
Lunati Voodoo Cam Duration 268/276, Lift .494/.513
Forged Aluminum Ross racing Pistons
Balanced Rotating assembly
Edelbrock RPM Heads
Adjustable Roller Rockers
Holley 850 double pumper mechanical
Edelbrock RPM Intake
Fairly new <1 year> 727 RV trannie
3.91 sure grip 8 3/4 rear
Paint only a few years old
New gas Tank
ohh None R/T car, but Badged.

Needs only some odds and ends

I really can't think of what else to put down. you have all seen pictures. I'll post some more if you want.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68charger383

I'd say pricing would be similar to a DOH, maybe $5K more than if just stock. So in this market, $22K-$25K. It's pretty unique since it's the only DMCL clone I have heard about, so that would be my stab at it.  :shruggy:

But we have all been there, sounds more like you need a weekend or two away from the car and a new game plan for any issues that your having with it. You should reconsider and probably not sell. :badidea:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Back N Black

Its a nice car! have you had it appraised? that would be a good starting point. As for WIW i would say around mid twenties.

Plum Crazy 68

Wait until Peter passes and it'll go up!  Also, that movie is known to us old guys, but I bet there is a large portion of the population that has not seen it.  Wait until its popular again.

Ghoste

Not that it matters a lot but what is the car the source of the aggravation? 

Khyron

i've just been fighting a ignition issue, I put on a new 850 and just couldn't get it to run right, fouled out about 2 sets of plugs, went back to the 750, distributer proke, had to buy a new one, was bad out the box, had to rebuild it with ifferent wieghts and springs and reset the curve again, can't get it dialed in, now the car surges like it's not getting enough fuel because i can't get the timign right....

and thats just the last couple of days.

Missed 3 local shows...

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

ohh and can't get ahol dof the guy that degreed my cam and never got the numbers from him .... so the timing is all ovver the place... ohh and now the carb is whistling at me.... :brickwall:

I've about had it.... ohhhh and because it's a dodge, i can't get so much as a set of Fing valve cover gaskets from a local store without waiting 3 days.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68RRFlyer

Whoaaaa, Eeeeasy big fella :o.  Maybe take a little break from the car.  I was in the same situation a few years ago with a 67 GTO.  Couldn't get a few details on it sorted out, lost patience, then lost a good car.  :rotz:  I've regretted it ever since and won't let it happen again.  Take a break for a week, month, however long it takes and regroup your thoughts.  Form a plan but most importantly, don't sell it unless that's what you truly want to do.  But I don't think it is. :2thumbs:

Good luck!

Cheers :cheers:   
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100

vancamp

yeah shut the garage door and take a break from it we have all been there i know i have mine is wiring gremlins and having never owned six pack set up before getting that all dialed in was a pain for me, admittedly im more a metal shaper and welder than a mechanic though.

PocketThunder

Ya, go play with that rat rod 50's chevy you have and come back to the DMCL some other time.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Khyron

im still mad at it...... *grumble*

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.