News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headlights

Started by My68Charger, September 02, 2008, 04:32:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My68Charger

for some reason my headlight on my 68 are not working, I have replaced the dimmer switch but the lights still will not turn on. I have working brake, turn, tail lights. The doors in the grill work just fine but no lights.  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Just 6T9 CHGR

How's the connection of your forward light harness connector behind the battery?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

My68Charger

Its in good shape, it could use a little clean up but the conection is solid.

My68Charger

Ok, so I cleaned up the connections and I now have High Beams but no low beams? I have replaced the floor switch so I know that is new... Could I have a bad ground to the switch so its not letting the low beams work?

AKcharger

I've had tons of probles with bad grounds...corrosion sneaks up in those areas over time...what almost 40 years!

bakerhillpins

Quote from: AKcharger on September 22, 2008, 12:54:54 AM
I've had tons of probles with bad grounds...corrosion sneaks up in those areas over time...what almost 40 years!
:iagree:

My bike is 12 yrs old and the electrical system is something that needs monitoring.

Bryan
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.