News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Went to Auto Metal Direct Today

Started by Chatt69chgr, September 04, 2008, 08:51:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

I drove down to Flowery Branch, GA today and picked up my trunk floor pans and drivers side inner fender panel for my 69 Charger.  They have a very nice warehouse there and it's literally full of stamped sheet metal.  Large pieces like quarters and fenders are in cardboard boxes while the pieces I picked up were wrapped in bubble wrap.  I came from Chattanooga so decided to go back through the mountains.  Stopped at the Smith House in Dahlonega (Gold capital of North Georgia) and had supper.  They serve you at tables like when you used to go to Grandma's.  You pass the food around the table in bowls and talk to everyone else.  Food was what I call comfort food and was excellent but a little pricey.  But the experience was nice.  All in all a fun day.

firefighter3931

I'd say that was a productive day !  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

41husk

Should have skipped dinner and welded in those floor pans :cheers: Post up some pics of your progress if you can.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69bronzeT5

Sounds like a fun trip. I ordered a rear valance for my car so it should be here soon. :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69*F5*SE

Maybe them full quarter panels will make there way to the market soon and all who need them will have some boxes to open.   :icon_smile_big:

hemi68charger

Sounds like a very fun day of getting away...............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dans 68

Anytime you get to do car stuff is a good time happening. Did you take any pics of the warehouse full of sheet metal?  :laugh:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Chatt69chgr

Foolishly left the camera at home.  Thought of it as soon as I walked into the place.  Everyone that I talked to at AMD was very friendly and helpful.  Warehouse guy said he had just made a run over to Year One that morning.  Said it takes him about 20 minutes to get there.  That's over in Brazelton.  I would liked to have run by there but the wife wasn't interested in another car place.  She actually didn't want to go on this trip at all but I hate going places by myself.  I just enjoy company.  So the run back through Dahlonega was for her.  I figured it wouldn't hurt to treat her to a real nice dinner there either.

Picked up my frame connectors at the Dodge place today.  And the new eagle H-beams showed up.  The Diamond pistons came too but I wasn't here to sign for them so I won't see them 'till monday.  Things are moving along.