News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rocker panel question

Started by BigBlockSam, January 03, 2009, 01:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

hi guys

are the rocker panesl for a 2nd gen charger the same as a 69 roadrunner?
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger-Bodie

Rene, Do you mean The moldings or the actual rocker panel?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BigBlockSam

QuoteRene, Do you mean The moldings or the actual rocker panel?

i mean the actual rocker panel
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

BlueSS454

I don't think they are.  I had to specify I needed them for a Charger when I got mine.
Tom Rightler

Charger-Bodie

I think they actually are the same.....thge RR is a little shorter in the wheel base though, but that could be in the rear rail placement.

Do you have a used piece available or NOS or ? Cause Im preety sure that the cheappy repos are the same for b-body....and the are not too great. IMO
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

daytonalo

SAME SHIT YEAR FOR YEAR , B- BODY IS A B-BODY YEAR FOR  YEAR !

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on January 03, 2009, 09:21:58 PM
SAME SHIT YEAR FOR YEAR , B- BODY IS A B-BODY YEAR FOR  YEAR !

Do some more research CUPCAKE!!! Plymouth Bbody cars are shorter w/b ,even the driveshaft is differant length.

daytonalo

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THEY HAD A DIFF SHELL FOR RR VS CHARGER , NOT TALKING ABOUT QTR PANEL OR ROOF JUST FIREWALL , FRONT FRAME RAILS , ROCKER , REAR RAILS ??

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on January 03, 2009, 09:40:58 PM
ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT THEY HAD A DIFF SHELL FOR RR VS CHARGER , NOT TALKING ABOUT QTR PANEL OR ROOF JUST FIREWALL , FRONT FRAME RAILS , ROCKER , REAR RAILS ??

The parts are not nessecarily differant , but if they arent they are put together in a little differant fashion ,cause they are diff. wheelbase.

P.S. Why do yo always need to have youre caps lock on????

daytonalo

Sorry I rode the short bus !!!!!!!!!!

WingCharger

daytonalo

I'm gonna build a bad ass diesel short bus to pull my boat

WingCharger

Quote from: daytonalo on January 03, 2009, 10:00:43 PM
I'm gonna build a bad ass diesel short bus to pull my boat
Hah! That would be funnier than hell. Add some flames, stacks, and a dixie horn and your in business. :punkrocka:

vancamp

the wheel base difference in B bodys came from the lengrh of the front spring perch, plymouths are about an inch shorter than the dodge.

WingCharger

daytonalo

WingCharger

Paint one of your boats up like a short bus. :D

Hey, you could tow it with the Daytona when it gets a V10. :icon_smile_big:

daytonalo

Nothing pulls like a diesel !!!! Nothing !!! My 12 valve Cummins make 650 ft pounds @ 1700 , can pull 13 k , and I only paid 1800 for it , it is a 95 2500 Ram

WingCharger

Quote from: daytonalo on January 03, 2009, 10:20:23 PM
Nothing pulls like a diesel !!!! Nothing !!! My 12 valve Cummins make 650 ft pounds @ 1700 , can pull 13 k , and I only paid 1800 for it , it is a 95 2500 Ram
I know!! I probably know more about diesels than some mechanics! Diesels are all I will ever have in trucks!!

daytonalo

daytonalo

I just took a wrecked Road Runner in my shop for full resto and compared spring perch to my Daytona , the Plymouth is shorter . So again all basic shell metal is the same .

Larry

BigBlockSam

so that means , Yes , i can use a charger outer rocker on my roadrunner ?

vancamp

yes, but measure first and make sure the body lines,width etc are the same

daytonalo

Not sure about rocker if the countour is diff , but the floor firewall , all of the basic structural stuff is the same

68RRFlyer

I used a complete rocker from a 69 Super Bee on my 68 Road Runner.  Fit perfectly for what that's worth.  Good luck!

Cheers  :cheers:
Dave
1969-1/2 A12 Super Bee
1970 Challenger T/A
1964 Corvette Convertible
1949 Chevy 3100