News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

904 problem

Started by JimShine, October 22, 2005, 02:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimShine

Had my car out tonight and a problem arose. Came to an intersection, hit the gas to get through quick, then it stopped going. The engine is fine, but the car doesn't want to move forward. Reverse is fine, but Drive, 1st, and 2nd do not want to move the car forward. I just had the transmission rebuilt last year. Any ideas as to what is the problem?

cudaken

Jim, I think you all ready know. Time to tow her to the tranny shop again.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Plumcrazy

Quote from: cudaken on October 22, 2005, 08:07:45 AM
Jim, I think you all ready know. Time to tow her to the tranny shop again.

Cuda Ken

Unfortunately I agree

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

JimShine

Ugh, I hope not. I this one wont get rebuilt again. But I do have a 727 I can use need be.

I looked under the car today and I think one of the transmission cooler lines went. The engine is wet in that area and I do recall while changing the oil pump my buddy told me to change those quick because they looked frail. I hope thats all it is.

cudaken

I hope you lucked out but with reverse still working I don't know. If tranny fluid is getting low you should have felt it slipping before it stopped moving. If it all blew out at one time, there should have been a lot of smoke from the exhaust or a big puddle on the ground.

Don't want to sound like a smart Chevy but first thing I would have checked was the fliud level.

Good Luck, Cuda Ken
I am back

JimShine

I didn't luck out. Looks like the car will go to winter storage quicker than expected and over the winter or spring throw the another 904 in it. Glad I took the freebies, though I never thought I would need them.

John_Kunkel

A good Reverse with no forward gears is a problem in the rear clutch, it's engaged for all forward gears.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

JimShine

That is exactly what my uncle said. Tomorrow I am pickup up a 1968 318/904 and rear end a guy gave me a while ago, but I never bothered picking up. I now will have 5 transmissions to choose from. I was turned onto a guy who builds the transmissions for the local racers. My buddy says he is real good and is reasonable. Maybe I will let him fix the 904 just so I don't feel like I have flushed the money I dumped into it last year.