News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

VIN question about the discochargers (Cordoba style 5th gens)

Started by Ghoste, November 17, 2008, 07:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

All I want to know is what letter designates them in the VIN.  For example, it's an "X" in 66-70 and a "W" from 71-74.  Did the letter change in the 5th gen?

Chris G.

Don't hold me to this, but I think they used a little of both.

XS22, WS23 and WL23 were all used. Not 100% positive though.

Ghoste

Do you have any idea what 22 and 23 indicated in that time frame?

Chris G.

Quote from: Ghoste on November 17, 2008, 07:29:14 PM
Do you have any idea what 22 and 23 indicated in that time frame?

Not sure. I am going off '76 numbers I believe. I think that was the year they had a Daytona version.  :shruggy:

I am sure they changed from year to year. My memory ain't that good. ;)

Ghoste

Used the Daytona name in 76 and 77.  There was an SE through that whole run I think but as far as I remember they were all the same body type so that was why I wondered about the 22 and 23.  The whole question isn't that important really, it was just one of those stupid thoughts that burned its way into my pointed little head at work.  Now that you've given me an "X" and a "W", the question disturbs me even more.  My life is pathetic.

69CoronetRT

75 = XS22 for Charger SE
76 = XS22 for Charger SE and WH23 for Charger Sport (Coronet based)
77 = XS22 for Charger SE
78 = XP22 for Charger SE; XS22 for Magnum

22 = 2 door special coupe (Charger and Cordoba)
23= 2 door HT (Charger sport)

The Daytona version was an option package from 75-77
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Ghoste

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Ghoste on November 17, 2008, 07:56:04 PM
Whats different about the Charger Sport?

It was a one year only version based on the Coronet 2dr HT instead of the XS22 Charger SE body.

There's a picture of one here:

http://www.moparautos.com/charger75-76.htm
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Ghoste

Okay, thanks, I can sleep tonight with a trouble free mind.